Despicable Me 4 Trailer Introduces Will Ferrell as Gru’s New Nemesis

Forum 2 months ago

Despicable Me 4 Trailer Introduces Will Ferrell as Gru’s New Nemesis

Illumination has dropped the official Despicable Me 4 trailer for its upcoming next installment of the blockbuster animated comedy franchise, which arrives in theaters on July 3, 2024.

The video highlights the adventure-filled return of Gru and his family as they face a brand new enemy in the form of Will Ferrell’s Maxime Le Mal, who plans to enact his revenge against the reformed villain. The trailer also introduced the newest addition to Gru’s family, the adorable Gru Jr., who’s seemingly not-so-fond of his father. It teases more hilarious antics from everyone’s favorite yellow henchmen.

Check out the Despicable Me 4 trailer below

What to expect in Despicable Me 4?

Despicable Me 4 is directed by Chris Renaud and Patrick Delage from a screenplay written by The White Lotus creator Mike White and Ken Daurio. The fourth installment will feature the voices of returning cast members Steve Carell as Gru, Miranda Cosgrove as Margo, Kristen Wiig as Lucy, Dana Gaier as Edith, Madison Polan as Agnes, Steve Coogan as Silas Ramsbottom, and Pierre Coffin as the Minions. They will be joined by franchise newcomers Ferrell, Sofia Vergara, Joey King, Stephen Colbert, and Chloe Fineman. It is produced by Chris Meledandri and Brett Hoffman.

“In the first Despicable Me movie in seven years, Gru, the world’s favorite supervillain-turned-Anti-Villain League-agent, returns for an exciting, bold new era of Minions mayhem in Illumination’s Despicable Me 4,” reads the synopsis. “The film begins a new chapter with Gru and Lucy and their girls welcomed a new member to the Gru family, Gru Jr., who is intent on tormenting his dad. Gru faces a new nemesis in Maxime Le Mal, and his femme fatale girlfriend Valentina (Vergara), and the family is forced to go on the run.”

What's your rating?
{{ratingsCount}} Votes

Related Forums
New Evil Dead Movie Gets Writer-Director, Sami Rami Issues Statement
Forum | 16 hours ago

New Evil Dead Movie Gets Writer-Director, Sami Rami Issues Statement

This Time Next Year Trailer Previews Sophie Cookson and Lucien Laviscount Rom-Com
Forum | 22 hours ago

This Time Next Year Trailer Previews Sophie Cookson and Lucien Laviscount Rom-Com

Action Trailer Previews Peacock Docuseries About Stunt Performers
Forum | 1 day ago

Action Trailer Previews Peacock Docuseries About Stunt Performers

Davido Flaunts New $200K Diamond Encrusted Teeth
Forum | 1 day ago

Davido Flaunts New $200K Diamond Encrusted Teeth