Budget Padding: Why I’m Unhappy With Labour Party Lawmakers – Pat Utomi

Forum 1 month ago

Budget Padding: Why I’m Unhappy With Labour Party Lawmakers – Pat Utomi

Political economist, Professor Pat Utomi has taken a swipe at Labour Party federal lawmakers.

The economist said he's not happy with them.

Utomi said the party must show integrity and understanding of the fact that Nigeria and its democracy are both failing because of the failure of the political parties.

He spoke in a post on his X handle on Friday.

“We cannot call for a new way and not show example with our actions. I have been unhappy with many Labour Party Lawmakers conduct. The Party must show integrity and understanding of the fact that Nigeria and its democracy are both failing because of the failure of the parties,” he wrote.

The statement followed allegations that 2024 budget was padded.

Recall that Senator Abdul Ningi, representing Bauchi Central on the platform of the Peoples Democratic Party, PDP, had alleged that N3.7 trillion was padded into the 2024 budget.

Ningi, a lawmaker from Bauchi, was subsequently handed a three-month suspension for raising the allegation, which the Nigerian government and the leadership of the Senate denied.

However, Labour Party lawmakers in the National Assembly have been silent on the matter.

Utomi had recently, attacked the opposition political parties for failing to protest the worsening economic hardship in the country.

According to him, opposition parties lead protests in other climes.

What's your rating?
{{ratingsCount}} Votes

Related Forums
Peter Obi And I Never Believed in Labour Party Ideologies — Doyin Okupe
Forum | 3 days ago

Peter Obi And I Never Believed in Labour Party Ideologies — Doyin Okupe

Labour Lists Seven Demands, Wants Creation Of State, LG Police
Forum | 5 days ago

Labour Lists Seven Demands, Wants Creation Of State, LG Police

Kidnappers Abduct Four People Returning From Party In Oyo, Demand N200m
Forum | 6 days ago

Kidnappers Abduct Four People Returning From Party In Oyo, Demand N200m

Electricity Tariffs: RSM Calls On Nigerian Labour To Begin Mass Protests Against Tinubu Government
Forum | 1 week ago

Electricity Tariffs: RSM Calls On Nigerian Labour To Begin Mass Protests Against Tinubu Government