I’ve Lived The African Dream, Time For American – Davido Says

Forum 1 month ago

I’ve Lived The African Dream, Time For American – Davido Says

David Adeleke, the world-famous Nigerian singer, who is also known as Davido, says he is now shifting his attention to his American dream, stressing that he has conquered Africa.

The ‘OBO’ crooner said his goal is to collaborate with creatives across the globe.

Speaking in a recent interview with Billboard, Davido said he is currently working on two albums for Africa and America, respectively.

He said,
“I want to drop this album by the grace of God. Hopefully, we get to hit No. 1. I just want to share great ideas and great music with other artists, influence other artists, write and produce for other people. Just getting to the dream. I’ve lived the African dream, now I’m trying to get to the American dream.”

Speaking on his relationship with American artists, Davido said,
“I think I connect with Atlanta artists, especially having lived there for about four, five years there. I currently have a house in Atlanta, so when it comes to the American culture, I learned most of it in the South. So I think I relate better with Atlanta artists, being around [Young] Thug and being around people. Like, I been knew Gunna even before either he or I popped off.”

Davido was born in Atlanta, USA, but moved to Nigeria as a toddler.

What's your rating?
{{ratingsCount}} Votes

Related Forums
Davido Reveals Huge Amount He Made From His Sold Out Concert at Madison Square Concert
Forum | 1 day ago

Davido Reveals Huge Amount He Made From His Sold Out Concert at Madison Square Concert

You Can’t Stand Beside Me And Say Something Negative About Davido - Sabinus
Forum | 1 day ago

You Can’t Stand Beside Me And Say Something Negative About Davido - Sabinus

Davido Flaunts New $200K Diamond Encrusted Teeth
Forum | 1 day ago

Davido Flaunts New $200K Diamond Encrusted Teeth

Ben Stiller Says He Was ‘Affected’ by Zoolander 2 Responses: ‘I Thought Everybody Wanted This’
Forum | 2 days ago

Ben Stiller Says He Was ‘Affected’ by Zoolander 2 Responses: ‘I Thought Everybody Wanted This’