I Was A Professional Fashion Designer Before Stardom – Portable

Forum 1 month ago

I Was A Professional Fashion Designer Before Stardom – Portable

Controversial singer Portable has revealed that he was into fashion designing before he eventually became famous.

According to him, he was a  professional fashion designer before music made him popular.

The 30-year-old spoke on his love for fashion and tailoring in the debut episode of the Brooke Bailey Danfo Series.

Bailey, the Belgian DJ, who flew into Nigeria to interview Portable, was taken on a tour around Sango Ota, Ogun state, the singer’s hometown.

One of the places Portable introduced her to was his fashion designing studio where he said he learnt it before venturing into music.

He said, notwithstanding his popularity, he is still a fashion designer and “combines” the profession with his music career.

“I trained as a fashion designer. I am still a fashion designer, I am still doing it. That is what I learnt, that was my profession before I ventured into music,” he said.

“Now I combine the both but I am taking the fashion side of things slow and steady. I love fashion designing, even entertainment is connected to fashion in some ways. So when you are doing music, you have to do fashion.”

Portable hit stardom in December 2021 with the release of ‘Zazoo Zeh’, his hit single featuring Olamide and Poco Lee.

He has also produced hit tracks including ‘All Eyes On Me’, ‘Clear Azaman’, ‘Neighbour’ and ‘Ogo Forever’.

What's your rating?
{{ratingsCount}} Votes

Related Forums
Why I Wish I Had Found Love Before Stardom – Singer, Spyro Opens Up
Forum | 5 days ago

Why I Wish I Had Found Love Before Stardom – Singer, Spyro Opens Up

Singer, Portable Slams Wife, Bewaji, For Not Including Him In Her Birthday Message To Herself
Forum | 6 days ago

Singer, Portable Slams Wife, Bewaji, For Not Including Him In Her Birthday Message To Herself

Portable Continues To Drag His Wife Over Her Birthday Post
Forum | 6 days ago

Portable Continues To Drag His Wife Over Her Birthday Post

Portable Laments Going Broke Over The No-spray Policy
Forum | 1 week ago

Portable Laments Going Broke Over The No-spray Policy