Why I Introduced Student Loan Scheme – Tinubu

Forum 3 weeks ago

Why I Introduced Student Loan Scheme – Tinubu

President Bola Tinubu has opened up on the reason behind the introduction of the Student Loan Bill.

Recall that he signed the loan bill into law on Wednesday.

He said a brighter future awaits the Nigerian child because the path to take them out of poverty has been cleared with the introduction of the scheme.

Recall that Tinubu had in the presence of leadership and key members of the National Assembly, signed into law the revised Student Loan Bill.

Hosting members of the APC Presidential Campaign Council and the Independent Campaign Council to Iftar at the State House in Abuja, the President noted that the only thing that can fight poverty is education.

He said, “Today, I signed the bill for the Student Loan Scheme. Imagine the children of the poor; what about people going through the mud, fishing in the ponds? How do you tell their children that their future will be brighter? It is only through education that we can fight poverty. A promising future awaits our children.”.

Commenting on the economy and its re-engineering process, Tinubu reassured Nigerians that the economy is being steered onto the path of sustainable growth and broad-based prosperity for Nigerian families in all parts of the country.

“The economy is looking much better. Yes, we have challenges of inflation, but we will bring it down. When the exchange rate was going haywire, it looked like we were asleep, but we worked on it diligently, and it is going down; it is getting better,” he noted.

Speaking further he said borrowing was higher a year ago, but currently, “we are reengineering the financial landscape, and our revenue is expanding. And we are taking up our sovereignty and earning our respect back in the comity of nations”.

He acknowledged the roles members of the PCC and ICC played toward his election, saying: “It is your footwork and footprints that made me the President. I campaigned on hope, and you promised Nigerians hope and a good result when campaigning for me.

“There are a lot of expectations. I, therefore, have to work hard for it. There is a windy road we are traveling on. We have to navigate carefully. Otherwise, one ends up in the bush, and that is all I have been focused on.”

What's your rating?
{{ratingsCount}} Votes

Related Forums
Those Asking Me to Apologize Worse Than Jonathan, Buhari, Tinubu – Aisha Yesufu
Forum | 6 days ago

Those Asking Me to Apologize Worse Than Jonathan, Buhari, Tinubu – Aisha Yesufu

President Tinubu Attends African Counter-Terrorism Summit In Abuja
Forum | 6 days ago

President Tinubu Attends African Counter-Terrorism Summit In Abuja

I Recommended Peter Obi To Atiku, Can’t Support Tinubu In 2027 – Reno Omokri
Forum | 1 week ago

I Recommended Peter Obi To Atiku, Can’t Support Tinubu In 2027 – Reno Omokri