The Matrix 5: Civil War’s Cailee Spaeny Really Wants to Be Cast in Drew Goddard Sequel

Forum 2 weeks ago

The Matrix 5: Civil War’s Cailee Spaeny Really Wants to Be Cast in Drew Goddard Sequel

Cailee Spaeny is really hoping she gets the chance to be in The Matrix 5.

Speaking with The Hollywood Reporter, Spaeny was asked if she’d be interested in playing a role in The Matrix 5, which is being directed by Drew Goddard. Goddard and Spaeny previously worked together on 2018’s Bad Times at the El Royale, a Goddard-directed film that saw the Priscilla star play a character named Rose Summerspring.

“Let’s put it out there. I’ve even got my Matrix coat here. I would do anything with Drew Goddard,” Spaeny said. “He is such a mastermind, and I am so excited for him. So, yes, let’s get that out there and see what happens. Let’s manifest it.”

Along with playing Priscilla Presley in Sofia Coppola’s 2023 movie, Spaeny has starred in movies such as 2018’s Pacific Rim Uprising, 2018’s On the Basis of Sex, 2018’s Vice, and 2020’s The Craft: Legacy. She’ll soon be seen in A24’s Civil War, which releases in theaters this coming weekend, and Fede Álvarez’s Alien: Romulus, which arrives in August.

What do we know about The Matrix 5?

News broke that Warner Bros. was moving forward with a fifth Matrix movie on April 3, 2024.

The Matrix 5 will be the first film in the franchise that isn’t helmed by either Lana or Lilly Wachowski, though Lana will executive produce the film. Plot details remain under wraps at this time; however, it’s said to be “a new take to extend the franchise.”

“It is not hyperbole to say The Matrix films changed both cinema and my life,” Goddard said in a statement about The Matrix 5. “Lana and Lilly’s exquisite artistry inspires me on a daily basis, and I am beyond grateful for the chance to tell stories in their world.”

There have been no casting decisions publicly announced for The Matrix 5 as of yet, leaving it unclear if Keanu Reeves will reprise his role as Neo in the film. The Matrix 5 does not have a release date at this time.

What's your rating?
{{ratingsCount}} Votes

Related Forums
Warner Bros. Sets Release Date for Documentary About Real-Life The Zone of Interest Family
Forum | 23 hours ago

Warner Bros. Sets Release Date for Documentary About Real-Life The Zone of Interest Family

EPL: Why Man Utd drew 1-1 with Burnley – Ten Hag
Forum | 2 days ago

EPL: Why Man Utd drew 1-1 with Burnley – Ten Hag

The Wedding Banquet: Lily Gladstone, Bowen Yang Cast in Remake of Ang Lee Movie
Forum | 3 days ago

The Wedding Banquet: Lily Gladstone, Bowen Yang Cast in Remake of Ang Lee Movie

XO Kitty Season 2 Cast Adds 3 New Actors as Filming Begins
Forum | 3 days ago

XO Kitty Season 2 Cast Adds 3 New Actors as Filming Begins