Stop Sharing Videos of Dead Colleagues Like Junior Pope - Actor Oloketuyi Warns Colleagues

Forum 1 week ago

Stop Sharing Videos of Dead Colleagues Like Junior Pope - Actor Oloketuyi Warns Colleagues

Seun Oloketuyi, the founder of the Best of Nollywood (BON) Awards has issued a warning to his colleagues.

He warned them against sharing videos of their dead colleagues on social media.

He gave the advice following the sad passing of Junior Pope, a Nollywood actor, and several crew members on April 10.

He wrote:

“It is sad and still very hard to refer to Jnr Pope and others who lost their life in the ill-fated boat ride as deceased. Jnr Pope was full of life and hardworking, as I’m sure were those who died with him,” the statement reads.

“I think AGN and AMP need to be proactive and ask serious, salient questions going forward.

“Do Nollywood productions, especially those with high-level risks like shooting late at night, have standard safety procedures?

“Can we organise crash programmes of safety procedures when incidents like these take place so that people know what to do? Can the guilds have safety experts in its executives to advise accordingly?

“Finally, it is time our actors learn to use social media. Accidents happen everywhere but you won’t see a lawyer do a live video of such events or post pictures of their colleagues’ corpses.

“It is becoming crazy. In fact, it looked like some were more engrossed in making live videos than helping. RIP to the dead practitioners.”

What's your rating?
{{ratingsCount}} Votes

Related Forums
EPL: I actually like him – Gary Neville on Chelsea striker who has missed 21 big chances
Forum | 4 hours ago

EPL: I actually like him – Gary Neville on Chelsea striker who has missed 21 big chances

I Was Sent Out Of My Husband’s House Day He Died – Nollywood Actor Ajigijaga’s Wife
Forum | 6 hours ago

I Was Sent Out Of My Husband’s House Day He Died – Nollywood Actor Ajigijaga’s Wife

Rema Threatens Colleagues Copying His Fashion Style
Forum | 7 hours ago

Rema Threatens Colleagues Copying His Fashion Style

New Evil Dead Movie Gets Writer-Director, Sami Rami Issues Statement
Forum | 2 days ago

New Evil Dead Movie Gets Writer-Director, Sami Rami Issues Statement