Nigerians Still Love Me - President Buhari

Forum 7 years ago

Nigerians Still Love Me - President Buhari

President Muhammadu Buhari has reacted to reports from a recent survey which showed that his approval ratings have fallen.

A national survey by the Centre for Democracy and Development (CDD), entitled The Buharimeter Report, had said: “We can also infer that there are still gaps between campaign promises, public expectations, government policies and actions. These need to be aligned properly going forward.

“Attempts sometimes by the President’s party to disown certain promises made during the elections will not serve the government well.What is required is to focus on achieving the promises by prioritizing them and carrying Nigerians along if there are challenges along the way.”

However, in an exclusive interview with African Leadership magazine the President said,“Yes, I was elected by an overwhelming majority of Nigerians, and I am ever grateful for the opportunity I have been given to serve.

“However, I don’t consider the result of the so-called survey a slip in my public rating and acceptance. I appreciate the high expectations of Nigerians and as an administration we are working assiduously to deliver.

“We came in with a mantra of Change and the zeal to give a new lease of life to governance.
Our zeal has remained the same and we are always prepared to make the difference.

“You will recall that when I was being sworn in, I emphasized that as a government, three key areas will be the priorities. The first is the need to rebuild the economy. I also pledged to fight insecurity while the third and equally important area is the fight against corruption.”

He pleaded with Nigerians to be patient with his administration, saying: “Nigeria will soon be back on track.”

What's your rating?
{{ratingsCount}} Votes

Related forums
I’ve Been In Love With Girls For My Whole Life – Billie Eilish
Forum | 3 days ago

I’ve Been In Love With Girls For My Whole Life – Billie Eilish

Tacha Lambasts Nigerians For Seeking Justice For Bullied Schoolgirl
Forum | 3 days ago

Tacha Lambasts Nigerians For Seeking Justice For Bullied Schoolgirl

German Police Arrest 11 Nigerians Over Dating Scam
Forum | 3 days ago

German Police Arrest 11 Nigerians Over Dating Scam

Probe Wike, Other Former Governors Under Buhari For Corruption - Timi Frank Urges EFCC
Forum | 4 days ago

Probe Wike, Other Former Governors Under Buhari For Corruption - Timi Frank Urges EFCC