Diddy Drops His Music Career To Focus On Acting

Forum 7 years ago

Diddy Drops His Music Career To Focus On Acting

It’s the end of an era. Diddy shockingly made the announcement that he has decided to retire from making music. And after years of cranking out hit after hit, along with some signature dance moves, he says that he’s trading it all in to focus on a career in acting.

The Bad Boy Records mogul covered the June of issue ofCigar Aficionado Magazineto discuss his retirement and newest venture. “I’m going to put out my last album and devote 100 percent of my time to doing films … I want to stop at a great place.”

His forthcoming and final album,No Way Out 2, intends to be the final chapter of his legacy in the music industry. “When I’m gone, only the songs will survive. I know I’m making music that will live on. I don’t go into the studio just to be hot or to hear myself on the radio,” Diddy told the magazine. “Michael Jackson, Tupac, Biggie – part of them lives on in their music, even though they’re not here anymore. That’s really deep, man. The only thing like that is religion.”

Diddy is ready to kick off his Bad Boy Family Reunion Tour on May 20, with an additional date honoring Biggie’s birthday at the Barclays Center. But the entrepreneur also revealed that he plans to travel the world one last time in light of his retirement. “I want to take a victory lap, to do a world tour and really enjoy it one last time,” he said.

And after that, it’s a wrap. While Diddy is known for having great authority in the music world, discovering some of the biggest talents including Notorious B.I.G., Lil Kim, and Mary J. Blige, and building a brand of his own, racking up a number of awards and accolades, he’s not really a vet in the film industry. In fact, unlike his music career, his history with acting doesn’t reach that far. Over the course of ten years, he’s probably been featured in less than ten roles, only two of which were semi-major inA Raisin in the Sun, and Get Him to the Greek. Nevertheless, it looks like Diddy will be stacking his acting resume soon enough.

What's your rating?
{{ratingsCount}} Votes

Related forums
PDP NWC Backs Damagum As Acting National Chairman
Forum | 2 days ago

PDP NWC Backs Damagum As Acting National Chairman

Peter Obi Knocks 2024 Budget, Calls For Focus On Citizens
Forum | 3 days ago

Peter Obi Knocks 2024 Budget, Calls For Focus On Citizens' Welfare

Biography & Career Of Hank Kuehne
Forum | 4 days ago

Biography & Career Of Hank Kuehne