I Believe In Buhari’s Leadership – Obasanjo

Forum 8 years ago

I Believe In Buhari’s Leadership – Obasanjo

Former president, Chief Olusegun Obasanjo, has expressed confidence in the leadership of the President-elect, General Muhammadu Buhari advising him not to take Nigerians for granted in administering the country from May 29.

Obasanjo expressed the confidence while hosting a delegation of South West Women Leaders under the leadership of the Iyalode of Yorubaland, Chief (Mrs) Alaba Lawson, at his Hilltop Mansion in Abeokuta, yesterday.

The former leader urged Buhari to be as honest as possible with Nigerians in leading the country, describing Nigerians as clever beings that could not be deceived.

Obasanjo told his guests that he believed in the political acumen of the president-elect in leading Nigeria aright stressing that Buhari is not a novice in governance.

He however appealed to Nigerians to pray for the success of the incoming administration and also cooperate with the new government.

Obasanjo noted that the country had been poorly governed in the last eight years saying it would take time for Buhari’s government to correct the anomalies, encouraging him not to be frightened by the situation.

Obasanjo submitted that having been Head of State between 1984 and 1985 Buhari has the experience in terms of administering the country.

“When I came in 1999, there was no fuel and power. The situation was like this and I thought we have put that one behind us. The man that is coming on board has a lot of experience in terms of governance.

“He is not a green horn. We have both worked together in administering, then as a military Head of State and we did it well. Nigerians need to exercise patience because what have been destroyed in eight years cannot be re-build in a day.

“Let’s give him time. Let’s pray for him and let’s cooperate with him. We are all concerned about the present situation of Nigeria. The expectation is very high but at the same time, there is a lot of goodwill internally and externally for the in-coming government.

“Once the in-coming administration realises this and take every step, particularly in the first three months, when people will be watching and counting, I think for me, we will get there.”

The former president further stated that with Buhari at the helm of affairs of the nation, the citizens according to him would have a new dawn.
[ads4]

What's your rating?
{{ratingsCount}} Votes

Related forums
Probe Wike, Other Former Governors Under Buhari For Corruption - Timi Frank Urges EFCC
Forum | 1 day ago

Probe Wike, Other Former Governors Under Buhari For Corruption - Timi Frank Urges EFCC

Buhari’s Ex-aide Reacts As APC Suspends Ganduje
Forum | 1 week ago

Buhari’s Ex-aide Reacts As APC Suspends Ganduje

Publish Loan Agreements By Obasanjo, Yar’Adua, Jonathan And Buhari - Serap Tells President Tinubu
Forum | 1 week ago

Publish Loan Agreements By Obasanjo, Yar’Adua, Jonathan And Buhari - Serap Tells President Tinubu

Forum | 1 week ago