Man Stabs Lover To Death, Flees Ogun Community

Forum 8 years ago

Man Stabs Lover To Death, Flees Ogun Community

There has been tension in the Oke Afa, Magboro area of Ogun State after a woman, Edeth Favour, was stabbed to death by her lover during an altercation. The man, who residents could not identify by name, has reportedly fled the area.

PUNCH Metro learnt that the incident, which occurred on Tuesday, had caused panic as policemen continually raided youths in the area in a bid to get the runaway lover. It was gathered that Favour, at about 7am on Tuesday, had an argument with her lover in her rented apartment. It was learnt that the lover, during the altercation, stabbed Favour in the stomach and fled from the house.

Neighbours, who later saw the victim in a helpless condition, were said to have alerted the policemen from the Ibafo Police Division, who visited the area.
But the killer had fled. It was gathered that Favour, a mother of one, was rushed to a nearby hospital, where she was confirmed dead. Speaking with
PUNCH Metro, one of the deceased’s former in-laws, who identified herself simply as Rose, said the woman’s child had been taken to Akwa Ibom for proper care.

She said, “I don’t know the name of the lover, but they had been together for about three years. She was married to my younger brother initially, and she gave birth to a boy for him. Later, the two of them separated.“She used to work in a cosmetics factory in this area before the incident. I was called on the telephone on Tuesday morning that the man had stabbed her to death. We have taken her only child to our village in Akwa Ibom.”When our correspondent visited the deceased’s rented apartment, every room was locked as the occupants were said to have fled the house as a result of police raids. It was learnt that the area, which was reportedly dominated by cultists, was notorious for street fights and violence. The Ogun State Police Public Relations Officer, DSP Muyiwa Adejobi, confirmed the incident.

He added that the matter had been transferred to the State Department of Criminal Investigation,
Abeokuta, where the police were intensifying efforts to arrest the suspect.He said, “Yes, we have a case of a boyfriend stabbing his lover to death. He is on the run, but we will surely get him and bring him to book.“The case has also been transferred to the SDCI, Abeokuta, for further investigation.”
[ads4]

What's your rating?
{{ratingsCount}} Votes

Related forums
Free Fall: Zachary Levi Cast in Rock-Climbing Action Movie Directed by Death Proof Star
Forum | 48 mins ago

Free Fall: Zachary Levi Cast in Rock-Climbing Action Movie Directed by Death Proof Star

Abia Govt Vows Justice As Protest Rocks Umuahia Over Navy Cadet’s Death In Swimming Pool
Forum | 1 hour ago

Abia Govt Vows Justice As Protest Rocks Umuahia Over Navy Cadet’s Death In Swimming Pool

I Met Paul As A Single Man - Ivy Ifeoma Addresses Accusations Of Being A Husband Snatcher
Forum | 23 hours ago

I Met Paul As A Single Man - Ivy Ifeoma Addresses Accusations Of Being A Husband Snatcher

One-Punch Man Live-Action Movie Enlists Rick & Morty Creator as Writer
Forum | 1 day ago

One-Punch Man Live-Action Movie Enlists Rick & Morty Creator as Writer