Obasanjo Comes For Soyinka Again, Says He Knows More About Wine Tasting Than Politics

Forum 8 years ago

Obasanjo Comes For Soyinka Again, Says He Knows More About Wine Tasting Than Politics

Obasanjo and Soyinka, both in their 80's, have had a long love/hate relationship...always coming for each other at the slightest opportunity. The latest person to come for the other is Obasanjp. Speaking to Channels TV's 'Book Club' yesterday, where he was interviewed about his controversial book 'My Watch' where he also trashed Soyinka, Obasanjo said what he wrote about the literary icon in his book was purely his view and that Soyinka did not have to agree with him.

“Wole Soyinka is a gifted man. I have always acknowledged that but he is a bad politician and I have also always said that. That is my own point of view. He may agree with it, he may not agree with it. But having said that, I also, in my book, bring out Wole Soyinka as I see him and that’s my own judgment; that’s my own perspective of him. He may agree, he may not agree but anybody can bring out his own perspective of me. For instance, I know that if I want somebody to give me the best wine, one of the people I will go to is Wole Soyinka and I know he has a taste for good wine and I said that in the book.” he said. Continue to see what OBJ wrote about Soyinka that ticked him off

“For Wole, no one can be good, nor can anything be spot-on politically except that which emanates from him or is ordained by him. His friends and loved ones will always be right and correct, no matter what they do or fail to do. He is surely a better wine connoisseur and a more successfulaparo(guinea fowl) hunter than a political critic."
[ads4]

What's your rating?
{{ratingsCount}} Votes

Related forums
The SpongeBob Movie: Search for SquarePants Director Says ‘There Will Be Nudity’ in Animated Movie
Forum | 4 days ago

The SpongeBob Movie: Search for SquarePants Director Says ‘There Will Be Nudity’ in Animated Movie

Fear Women - Nigerian Man Says As he Declares Girlfriend Wanted For Stealing
Forum | 5 days ago

Fear Women - Nigerian Man Says As he Declares Girlfriend Wanted For Stealing

Aiyedatiwa Knows He Can’t Win Ondo Guber Election – Oke
Forum | 1 week ago

Aiyedatiwa Knows He Can’t Win Ondo Guber Election – Oke

BREAKING: No Feud On Olubadan Stool, Says Makinde
Forum | 1 week ago

BREAKING: No Feud On Olubadan Stool, Says Makinde