Sam Smith becomes 1st artiste to sell 1m copies in UK and US this year

Forum 9 years ago

Sam Smith becomes 1st artiste to sell 1m copies in UK and US this year

British singer and song writer, Sam Smithhas emerged the only artiste in the world to sell one million copies in UK and US from his debut album, In The Lonely Hourin 2014.

According to figures by the Official Charts Company, his debut album passed the 1m landmarks in the UK and across the globe this week
Speaking of his achievement, the ‘Stay with me’ told Official Charts.com: ‘Officially sold 1 Million copies of ‘In the Lonely Hour’, ‘To say I am ecstatic is a huge understatement.

Thank you so much to every single person who has purchased my album.’
The 22-year old singer also took to his Twitter page to share the good news with his fans after achieving the new milestone, saying: 1 million albums sold in UK and 1 million sold in America – completely speechless.’
[ads4]
With the feat, Sam Smith has now joined the likes of Adele, Michael Buble, and Bruno Marswho also passed 1m sales figure in 2011.

What's your rating?
{{ratingsCount}} Votes

Related forums
Nigerian Govt to Sell Crude Oil in Naira to Dangote and Other Local Refineries
Forum | 1 day ago

Nigerian Govt to Sell Crude Oil in Naira to Dangote and Other Local Refineries

Video From Late Mobad’s Son, Liam’s 1st Birthday Celebration
Forum | 2 days ago

Video From Late Mobad’s Son, Liam’s 1st Birthday Celebration

Young Couple Who Discovered They’re Siblings After a Year of Dating Refuse to End Relationship
Forum | 4 days ago

Young Couple Who Discovered They’re Siblings After a Year of Dating Refuse to End Relationship

New Bad Boys: Ride or Die Poster Previews Will Smith and Martin Lawrence’s Next Adventure
Forum | 6 days ago

New Bad Boys: Ride or Die Poster Previews Will Smith and Martin Lawrence’s Next Adventure