Smartphones To Be Used For National ID Card Registration

Forum 8 years ago

Smartphones To Be Used For National ID Card Registration

Nigerians who may not have done their enrolment for the National ID card programme will soon be having the opportunity to do so on their Smartphones.

The National Identity Management Commission (NIMC) announced that it had concluded plans to provide pre-enrolment services on smartphones.

This is contained in a statement signed by NIMC General Manager on Corporate Communications Abdulahamid Umar. According to the statement, the step was taken to ease the sign-up process for Nigerians.

“This development will ensure that citizens can start their enrolment using their smart phones, a development that would ensure that in the next couple of months, citizens, of all ages, would have completed their demographic enrolment before they proceed to NIMC enrolment centres for their biometric data capture to complete their enrolment,” the statement said.

It is believed that the initative will help to decongest the enrolment centres and also ensure that citizens enroll at their convenience before the deadline.
[ads4]

What's your rating?
{{ratingsCount}} Votes

Related forums
Why Ganduje Should Resign As APC National Chairman – Lawyer
Forum | 3 days ago

Why Ganduje Should Resign As APC National Chairman – Lawyer

UCL: Referee used common sense – Arteta on why Bayern didn’t get penalty
Forum | 6 days ago

UCL: Referee used common sense – Arteta on why Bayern didn’t get penalty

I Used Bleaching Cream For Over 15 Years, I
Forum | 1 week ago

I Used Bleaching Cream For Over 15 Years, I'm Just 35 And I Look Older Than My Age Now - Lady Laments

National Inland Waterways Authority GM Slumps And Dies In Kogi After Leading Early Morning Prayer At Mosque
Forum | 1 week ago

National Inland Waterways Authority GM Slumps And Dies In Kogi After Leading Early Morning Prayer At Mosque