Gov. Fayose Sacks Aide, Arrests Two Others Over Fraud

Forum 8 years ago

Gov. Fayose Sacks Aide, Arrests Two Others Over Fraud

Ekiti State Governor, Ayodele Fayose, has sacked the state's Internal Revenue Board, Ropo Ogunjobi over alleged fraud activities.

Ogunjobi was reported to have been relieved of his duties for negligence leading to an alleged fraud running into millions of Naira.

In furtherance, two other officials of the board, Omotayo Ojo and Akinniyi Akinsola, were reported to have been arrested by the police in connection with the alleged fraud.

The suspects reportedly made confessional statements to the police upon interrogation, indicting some other members of staff.

In a statement signed by the Secretary to the State Government, Dr. Modupe Alade, Fayose said, “The Revenue Chairman, Ropo Ogunjobi, who also doubles as Special Assistant to the State Governor on Revenue Matters, should hand over to the most senior officer of the board.”

'The people should stop paying to the officials of the board. They should pay to the banks because these touts were on the rampage and they can dupe you. “Ekiti needs money and you all know that this has been the headache of this government and we have been doing our best to shore up the revenue, but these people are desperate to thwart our efforts. They are cornering our money,” the statement read.

What's your rating?
{{ratingsCount}} Votes

Related forums
People Inciting Me to Probe Gov Yusuf – Kano Anti-graft Agency Chair
Forum | 3 hours ago

Forum | 3 hours ago

NDLEA Arrests Widow, Pregnant Woman Over N3.2M Counterfeit Cash, Lethal Illicit Substance
Forum | 1 day ago

NDLEA Arrests Widow, Pregnant Woman Over N3.2M Counterfeit Cash, Lethal Illicit Substance

Amotekun Arrests Night Guard Over Air Conditioner Theft
Forum | 1 day ago

Amotekun Arrests Night Guard Over Air Conditioner Theft