Three INEC Staff Killed In Benue

Forum 9 years ago

Three INEC Staff Killed In Benue

Three adhoc staff of the Independent National Electoral Commission, INEC, in Benue State were reported to have died, in the course of election duties in the state. The Resident Commissioner of INEC in the state, Prof. Istfanus Dafwang, made this known yesterday while briefing reporters at the state headquarters of INEC in Makurdi.

Prof. Dafwang said the commission also recorded the destruction of its materials at an unnamed location in Guma local government area of the state. He said amongst the dead was a female ad-hoc staff who died on Saturday morning in an accident at Oju local government area, while on her way to her duty post.

“She was being taken by a motorcycle rider to her unit and he was probably over-speeding when the front of the bike apparently pulled off leading to the gahstly accident that claimed her life.

“The other two died Sunday morning in an accident on their way back to Makurdi from Vandeikya where they took part in the conduct of the elections,” he said. Prof. Dafwang, who acknowledged that the exercise went on peacefully across the state, however, called for prayers to ensure that the coming governorship and State Houses of Assembly elections went without hitches.
[ads4]
At the time of this report, collation of results were still ongoing at Makurdi INEC office.

What's your rating?
{{ratingsCount}} Votes

Related forums
How My Son Was Killed By Vigilante Group – Bauchi District Head Reveals
Forum | 20 hours ago

How My Son Was Killed By Vigilante Group – Bauchi District Head Reveals

Gunmen Abduct Former Benue CoS’s Wife, House Help
Forum | 1 day ago

Gunmen Abduct Former Benue CoS’s Wife, House Help

Again, Ten Killed As Suspected Fulani Militias Attack Plateau Community
Forum | 1 day ago

Again, Ten Killed As Suspected Fulani Militias Attack Plateau Community

Director Adanma Luke Ordered My Arrest After Escaping Accident That Killed Junior Pope – TC Virus
Forum | 4 days ago

Director Adanma Luke Ordered My Arrest After Escaping Accident That Killed Junior Pope – TC Virus