We’re Ready For Questioning - Sambo Tells Buhari’s Committee

Forum 8 years ago

We’re Ready For Questioning - Sambo Tells Buhari’s Committee

Vice President Namadi Sambo on Monday told members of the Transition Committee set up by the President-elect, Muhammadu Buhari, that he and ministers that served under President Goodluck Jonathan are open to questioning.

He said members of the Federal Executive Council were ready to respond to queries and questions that might be directed at them on how they had administered the country between 2011 and 2015.

Sambo made the promise while presenting the handover note prepared by the transition committee he chaired to the Ahmed Joda-led Buhari’s transition committee.

He told Joda and other members of the committee that the report captured all government activities in the last four years.

He said, “The handover notes of the Federal Government of Nigeria of this administration between 2011 and 2015 have been properly articulated and printed.

“The Permanent Secretaries of each ministry have signed each page of this report to authenticate it and it is our pleasure to present it to you and pray that it will guide you, guide the incoming administration towards the achievement of positive objectives, development and progress of Nigeria.

“I want to add that all of us are always available, after this report between now and May 29, anytime you need to meet with us, we are ready to come and sit and clarify.

“All the Ministries, Departments and Agencies will also be ready to meet with you, give you any additional clarifications that you would want to have on this report that we are presenting.”

In his response, Joda said his committee would study the report before final submission to the incoming Buhari’s administration.

“It is my honour and my privilege to receive this comprehensive set of report from the government transition committee which was chaired by the Vice President.

“It appears that nothing has been left out. It is now our challenge to give careful study and examination of what is contained in these volumes,” he said.
[ads4]

What's your rating?
{{ratingsCount}} Votes

Related forums
Probe Wike, Other Former Governors Under Buhari For Corruption - Timi Frank Urges EFCC
Forum | 2 days ago

Probe Wike, Other Former Governors Under Buhari For Corruption - Timi Frank Urges EFCC

Stop Intimidating Me, Obey Court Orders - Yahaya Bello Tells EFCC
Forum | 2 days ago

Stop Intimidating Me, Obey Court Orders - Yahaya Bello Tells EFCC

Radio Silence Reveal Abigail’s Ready or Not Easter Egg
Forum | 2 days ago

Radio Silence Reveal Abigail’s Ready or Not Easter Egg

Shehu Sani Tells FG to Pull Down Chinese Supermarket Denying Nigerians Entrance
Forum | 3 days ago

Shehu Sani Tells FG to Pull Down Chinese Supermarket Denying Nigerians Entrance