2019 Election: Atiku Notifies PDP Of His Intention To Run For President

Forum 5 years ago

2019 Election: Atiku Notifies PDP Of His Intention To Run For President

Former Vice President, Alhaji Atiku Abubakar, has notified People Democratic Party (PDP) of his intention to contest the 2019 presidential poll and called for free, fair and transparent primaries.

Abubakar, a top member of the party, made the call during his visit to the party’s National Secretariat, Abuja on Friday to formally notified PDP’s National Working Committee (NWC) of his aspiration.

He said free and transparent primaries would boost the party’s chances in the presidential election as well as restore its lost glory.

Abubakar commended the party for the conduct of a free and fair primary election which produced its candidate for the July 14 governorship poll in Ekiti.

He pledged to work in the interest of the party, whether he won or lost its ticket.

“Whether I become the presidential candidate or not, I want to assure you that I will always discharge my obligations to this party.

“If we can sustain the kind of primary that we had in Ekiti, there is no doubt that this party will be on its way to regaining the pre-eminence in power that we were known for,” Abubakar said.

Responding, PDP National Chairman, Mr. Uche Secondus, reiterated the commitment of his leadership to conduct credible primaries ahead of 2019 general elections, saying that the party was prepared to govern Nigeria.

“The PDP NWC and the National Executive Committee (NEC) has vowed to return this party to power in line with the vision of the founding fathers.

“That is why we rebranded and repositioned to remove every shade of impunity or imposition.

“PDP is prepared to govern Nigeria. We are prepared to offer equal opportunity to all,’’ he said.

Secondus commended Abubakar for canvassing support across the country, urging him to continue spreading such goodwill messages.

“I urge you to continue with your civil message you spread across the country. I also advise other aspirants to go forth with their messages across the country,’’ he added.

The chairman condemned what he termed as President Muhammadu Buhari-led administration’s “biased fight against corruption”.

He urged the media to tell the world the truth about Nigeria, saying “only the truth can save the country”.

What's your rating?
{{ratingsCount}} Votes

Related forums
BREAKING: Suspected Terrorists Kill Ruling PDP Secretary In Zamfara State
Forum | 2 days ago

BREAKING: Suspected Terrorists Kill Ruling PDP Secretary In Zamfara State

You Can’t Run Forever Trailer Features J.K. Simmons as a Serial Killer
Forum | 2 days ago

You Can’t Run Forever Trailer Features J.K. Simmons as a Serial Killer

Publish Loan Agreements By Obasanjo, Yar’Adua, Jonathan And Buhari - Serap Tells President Tinubu
Forum | 4 days ago

Publish Loan Agreements By Obasanjo, Yar’Adua, Jonathan And Buhari - Serap Tells President Tinubu

Forum | 4 days ago