Marlians has grown from people who are in love with Naira Marley to a street cult – Editorial

Forum 4 years ago

Marlians has grown from people who are in love with Naira Marley to a street cult – Editorial

Being a Marlian has become one of the empty boxes every youth longs to tick. While most people want to be a Marlian out of their love for Naira Marley, others has reportedly turned it into a cult group or confraternity.

The Yoruba indigenous rapper, Naira Marley took everyone by surprise when he turned his brand into an internationally recognized brand in less than a year. The rapper dropped several hit singles and ended the year with his debut project titled 'Lord of Lamba EP'.

On his release from prison after being charged for credit card fraud, Naira Marley's fan base also known as Marlians tripled.

The singer is now the most adored artistes as other superstars has declares themselves his fans (Marlians).

Despite the huge numbers accrued by Naira Marley last year, his fans has been on the books for turning their nickname 'Marlians' into a street cult or confraternity.

Though this is still unconfirmed by the authorities, here is a story we have gathered.

A Lagosian by name maxwell claims 'Marlians' is being turned into a street cult by Naira Marley fans. On speaking with him, he had this to say,

"They are always walking around. The way the walk, you will always hear them saying 'awon no manners' that's people wey no get manners. That's their slogan. That's one! The other one is the issue of not walking belt. If you waka near them when they have gathered. If they see you the wear belt, my guy, you go collect.

"I heard a story of a guy who just waka go reach where them gather for this Lagos on Naira Marley day or something. I don't know but they had an occasion like that. The guy waka reach that place and the bouncer punch am for wearing belt", he added.

He continued, "These two scenarios just made me know its becoming a cultist. All the followers claiming Marlians now don't want to back out. They now see Naira Marley like one kind god."

What do you think? Please drop comments below

What's your rating?
{{ratingsCount}} Votes

Related Forums
Tinubu Has Spent Trillions of Naira on Subsidy Since Inception – El-Rufai
Forum | 20 hours ago

Tinubu Has Spent Trillions of Naira on Subsidy Since Inception – El-Rufai

How Seven People Drown In Just One Week — Lagos Police Reveals
Forum | 3 days ago

How Seven People Drown In Just One Week — Lagos Police Reveals

Linda Hamilton Reflects on Terminator: Dark Fate: ‘I Can’t Say I Love the Film’
Forum | 3 days ago