Tackle Corruption, Insecurity, Epileptic Power Supply - APC Elders To Buhari

Forum 8 years ago

Tackle Corruption, Insecurity, Epileptic Power Supply - APC Elders To Buhari

The Elders Forum of the All Progressives Congress (APC) in Ekiti State has tasked the President-elect, Muhammadu Buhari , to tackle corruption, insecurity and epileptic power supply.

The Publicity Secretary of the Forum, Dr. Bayo Orire, also urged the incoming President to ensure adherence to the rule of law, discipline and entrenching transparency in governance.

In a chat with The Nation in Ado Ekiti on Tuesday, Orire noted that if Buhari can win the war against indiscipline and corruption, everything will come to normal within one or two years.

Expressing regrets about the prevailing darkness in the country occasioned by the drop in power generation, Orire attributed the problem to long years of corruption in the power sector.

He said Buhari has the capacity to rescue Nigeria from the brink of collapse it has been pushed to by the outgoing Peoples Democratic Party (PDP)-led Federal Government.

Orire said: “Nigeria has all things in abundance, what we lack is discipline and conformity to the rule of law. If Buhari can win the war against indiscipline, everything will come to normal within one or two years.

“Every facet of our life is ridden with corrupt practices, we have all it takes to be as developed as any developed country in the world, after dealing a deadly blow to corruption, insecurity will just fizzle out like smoke and people will be patriotic.

“The only problem stalling power generation is corruption, we have money, men, water, wind, sun, gas and other natural resources that can generate power. We have all it takes to generate any amount of megawatts in a year.

“We have access to loans to pursue any generation and distribution of power, we can buy technology, we can import technology. Nigerians are generating power in developed countries of the world but corruption is our bane.”

Orire explained that Ekiti APC elders are not happy with the perpetual shutdown of the House of Assembly after the judiciary in the state was also shut down.

He explained that the Assembly crisis was contrived and intended to put the state legislature in the pocket of the executive.
[ads4]

What's your rating?
{{ratingsCount}} Votes

Related forums
What President Tinubu Told Me About My Removal As APC Chairman – Ganduje (Video)
Forum | 21 hours ago

What President Tinubu Told Me About My Removal As APC Chairman – Ganduje (Video)

Anti-Party: APC Speaks On Suspending El-Rufai
Forum | 1 day ago

Anti-Party: APC Speaks On Suspending El-Rufai

N/Assembly Caucus Insists On Akume As APC Leader In Benue
Forum | 1 day ago

N/Assembly Caucus Insists On Akume As APC Leader In Benue

Why Ganduje Should Resign As APC National Chairman – Lawyer
Forum | 1 day ago

Why Ganduje Should Resign As APC National Chairman – Lawyer