They do dirty jobs – Okocha reveals two African players he wished to have played with

Forum 6 months ago

They do dirty jobs – Okocha reveals two African players he wished to have played with

Former captain of the Super Eagles, Austin Jay Jay Okocha, has named two midfielders he wished he had played with during his career.

Okocha has praised the abilities of former Ghana midfielder, Michael Essien, and ex-Ivory Coast international Yaya Toure in handling the “dirty job” on the pitch.

He also cited Sunday Oliseh as someone who played a similar role for Nigeria during their playing days.

Speaking to Goal Africa, Okocha explained the importance of having teammates willing to perform the less glamorous aspects of the game.

“There are few of them because, I mean sometimes, players like me, you need somebody who will do the dirty job for you.

“I would have loved to play with, I will say I played with one. You know that he was doing most of the dirty job, [Sunday] Oliseh,” he said.

“I would have loved to play with Michael Essien as well as Yaya Toure.

“I think he was a complete midfield player for me, not just offensive. He presses as well and used to do a lot of defensive work, but not that he tackles like Essien or even Oliseh, never used to tackle.”

What's your rating?
{{ratingsCount}} Votes

Related Forums
Actress Tolulope Onamade Reveals How She Was Nearly Used for Rituals After Joining Friends for Hook-up
Forum | 2 days ago

Actress Tolulope Onamade Reveals How She Was Nearly Used for Rituals After Joining Friends for Hook-up

Davido Reveals Huge Amount He Made From His Sold Out Concert at Madison Square Concert
Forum | 2 days ago

Davido Reveals Huge Amount He Made From His Sold Out Concert at Madison Square Concert

Erigga Reveals How to Detect a Street Wife
Forum | 2 days ago

Erigga Reveals How to Detect a Street Wife

Furiosa: Anya Taylor-Joy Reveals Advice She Received From Fury Road Star
Forum | 4 days ago

Furiosa: Anya Taylor-Joy Reveals Advice She Received From Fury Road Star