Corruption: Nigeria Has A Perception Challenge – Ben Bruce

Forum 3 months ago

Corruption: Nigeria Has A Perception Challenge – Ben Bruce

Former Bayelsa Senator and business magnate, Ben Murray Bruce has stated that Nigeria needs a perception change.

This is amid the ongoing corruption allegation rocking the President Bola Tinubu led government.

Making this revelation in a tweet via his official 'X' account on Thursday, the former Bayelsa senator revealed that there was a problem with the way we see ourselves as Nigerians.

The former lawmaker called for the need to introduce a mind-changing program to counter every negative thought of Nigeria in the minds of Nigerians.

He further tasked the federal government to fund the National Orientation Agency to enable them steer the country in the direction it needs.

Ben Bruce said, “
Nigeria has a perception challenge. How we see ourselves is an issue. How others see us is also not ideal. And to fix that, we need to change our perception of ourselves. The last time this was done effectively was under Jerry Gana’s MAMSER.

“We need that mind changing program back. We must counter every negative thought about Nigeria in the minds of Nigerians with positive, patriotic, enlightening and wholesome thinking.

“This is where the National Orientation Agency comes in. Let’s fund them and set them in the direction this country needs them to go. Because, without that, I fear we may not grow. A well funded and led NOA will create a mental shift that will lead to an economic, social and moral revival in Nigeria.”

What's your rating?
{{ratingsCount}} Votes

Related Forums
Ben Stiller Says He Was ‘Affected’ by Zoolander 2 Responses: ‘I Thought Everybody Wanted This’
Forum | 2 days ago

Ben Stiller Says He Was ‘Affected’ by Zoolander 2 Responses: ‘I Thought Everybody Wanted This’

Probe Wike, Other Former Governors Under Buhari For Corruption - Timi Frank Urges EFCC
Forum | 3 days ago

Probe Wike, Other Former Governors Under Buhari For Corruption - Timi Frank Urges EFCC

EFCC Arrests Sirika Over N8bn Nigeria Air Fraud
Forum | 3 days ago

EFCC Arrests Sirika Over N8bn Nigeria Air Fraud

Most Hit Songs in Nigeria Are Not Good Music – Singer Ric Hassani
Forum | 4 days ago

Most Hit Songs in Nigeria Are Not Good Music – Singer Ric Hassani