Former Lawmaker, Abbo Calls For Visa Ban On Corrupt Judges

Forum 2 months ago

Former Lawmaker, Abbo Calls For Visa Ban On Corrupt Judges

Former Adamawa lawmaker, Sen Elisha Abbo has called on the European Union (EU), US and UK to place a visa ban on corrupt judges in Nigeria.

Speaking at a press conference on Monday in Abuja, Abbo insisted that the judges and their families should not be allowed to leave the country after they have destroyed it.

Abbo’s call is coming about a week after he asked the National Judicial Council (NJC) to probe Chioma Nwosu-Iheme, the lead judge of the court of appeal panel that sacked him from office.

Reiterating his accusations on Monday, Abbo argued that Nwosu-Iheme cancelled the election results in over 200 polling units where he had won.

He said the results were cancelled just because the figure zero was not recorded by parties that did not even participate in the election.

He said, “We had cases under Buhari in 2016 where judges were sued to court and if they continue, I will sue her. She should resign.

“The news tomorrow should be that Senator Abbo asks Chioma Iheme to resign. When she gets to the supreme court, we will continue to press for it.

“I have written to the American embassy in Nigeria. I have written to the office of Mr Antony Blinken, direct to the US and I’m calling on the US, the European Union and the UK to add corrupt judges to the list of visa bans for them and their families.

“They should not be allowed into the US. Their families should not be allowed into the US. If their children are there, they should be deported back, so that we can live in this same Nigeria with their children.

“You cannot destroy this country and send your children abroad. We die here!”

What's your rating?
{{ratingsCount}} Votes

Related Forums
Bandits Kill 4, Kidnap 6 And Raze Telecom Service Mast In Zamfara
Forum | 1 day ago

Bandits Kill 4, Kidnap 6 And Raze Telecom Service Mast In Zamfara

Father Calls Out Reno Omokri’s Brother For Alleged R3pe His Daughter Who Is A Minor
Forum | 3 days ago

Father Calls Out Reno Omokri’s Brother For Alleged R3pe His Daughter Who Is A Minor

OAP Dotun Calls Out Alleged Bullies While He Was In Secondary School
Forum | 3 days ago

OAP Dotun Calls Out Alleged Bullies While He Was In Secondary School

Producer Napji Calls Out Davido Over Alleged Unpaid Royalties
Forum | 3 days ago

Producer Napji Calls Out Davido Over Alleged Unpaid Royalties