Omeruo reveals threatening message fan sent to Ola Aina after AFCON final

Forum 2 months ago

Omeruo reveals threatening message fan sent to Ola Aina after AFCON final

Super Eagles defender, Kenneth Omeruo has recently revealed a threatening message a fan sent to teammate, Ola Aina after the 2023 Africa Cup of Nations, AFCON, final against Ivory Coast this month.

According to Omeruo, a fan wished the Nottingham Forest wing-back death after he came out second-best in a one-on-one duel against Brighton and Ivory Coast winger, Simon Adingra in the 2023 AFCON final.

He also insisted that the cyberbullying from fans could affect the confidence of Super Eagles players, adding that as a result they could quit representing the national team.

“There are a lot of people who are angry for nothing’s sake and they will come at you. Before this tournament we have been getting criticisms,” Omeruo told Arise News.

“For example, someone wrote to Ola Aina on Instagram, ‘I hope you die’. They just write whatever, they don’t care about the consequences and most times I have stopped myself from replying to a lot of messages.

“If I reply like this, one blog will pick it and they will make a big deal out of it but we just have to grow thick skin and hopefully keep winning because when we win they forget about every other thing.”

He continued: “I was speaking to Ola and he made some comments that I won’t say here but if we lose a player like him just because of some bullying from some fans that are not even important, then it is going to affect us.

“Imagine Ola Aina, for me, was one of the best players in the tournament and was named in the Team of the Tournament as well.”

What's your rating?
{{ratingsCount}} Votes

Related Forums
EPL: Arteta reveals what Wenger told him about title race
Forum | 2 hours ago

EPL: Arteta reveals what Wenger told him about title race

Actress Tolulope Onamade Reveals How She Was Nearly Used for Rituals After Joining Friends for Hook-up
Forum | 1 day ago

Actress Tolulope Onamade Reveals How She Was Nearly Used for Rituals After Joining Friends for Hook-up

Davido Reveals Huge Amount He Made From His Sold Out Concert at Madison Square Concert
Forum | 1 day ago

Davido Reveals Huge Amount He Made From His Sold Out Concert at Madison Square Concert

Erigga Reveals How to Detect a Street Wife
Forum | 1 day ago

Erigga Reveals How to Detect a Street Wife