Furiosa: New Immortan Joe Actor Was Cast After Mad Max Movie Started Filming

Forum 1 month ago

Furiosa: New Immortan Joe Actor Was Cast After Mad Max Movie Started Filming

Furiosa: A Mad Max Saga didn’t cast Immortan Joe until the movie was already partway through filming.

Per Empire Magazine, Lachy Hulme will be playing Immortan Joe in Furiosa: A Mad Max Saga, which releases in May 2023. The role was previously played by Hugh Keays-Byrne, who also played Toecutter in 1979’s Mad Max, in 2015’s Mad Max: Fury Road. Keays-Byrne passed away in December 2020.

Hulme also plays Rizzdale Pell, a character with connections to Chris Hemsworth’s Dementus, in Furiousa: A Mad Max Saga.

The actor recalled asking director George Miller about his plans for Immortan Joe after the movie had already begun filming. “[Miller] said, ‘I’ll probably just get a body double,’” Hulme said. “I said, ‘Well, somebody needs to step up for Hugh. Someone needs to honor this great man. I can do it. I can do the voice. And it’s all in the eyes.’”

Hulme added, “[Miller] said, ‘Do you want to do it?’ I said, ‘What took you so long? You’ve finally figured out that this movie ain’t gonna make dollar one until you’ve got double Lachy Hulme in it!’”

What is Furiousa: A Mad Max Saga about?

“As the world fell, young Furiosa is snatched from the Green Place of Many Mothers and falls into the hands of a great Biker Horde led by the Warlord Dementus,” the official synopsis reads. Sweeping through the Wasteland, they come across the Citadel presided over by The Immortan Joe. While the two Tyrants war for dominance, Furiosa must survive many trials as she puts together the means to find her way home.”

Along with Hulme and Hemsworth, Furiousa: A Mad Max Saga stars Anya Taylor-Joy, Tom Burke, Nathan Jones, and Angus Sampson.

Furiousa: A Mad Max Saga releases in United States theaters on May 24, 2024, from Warner Bros. Pictures.

What's your rating?
{{ratingsCount}} Votes

Related Forums
Davido Flaunts New $200K Diamond Encrusted Teeth
Forum | 1 day ago

Davido Flaunts New $200K Diamond Encrusted Teeth

The Wedding Banquet: Lily Gladstone, Bowen Yang Cast in Remake of Ang Lee Movie
Forum | 1 day ago

The Wedding Banquet: Lily Gladstone, Bowen Yang Cast in Remake of Ang Lee Movie

XO Kitty Season 2 Cast Adds 3 New Actors as Filming Begins
Forum | 1 day ago

XO Kitty Season 2 Cast Adds 3 New Actors as Filming Begins

Sunny Dancer: The Last of Us’ Bella Ramsey Joins ‘Emotional Comedy’ Movie, More Cast Announced
Forum | 2 days ago

Sunny Dancer: The Last of Us’ Bella Ramsey Joins ‘Emotional Comedy’ Movie, More Cast Announced