The Sandman Season 2 to Feature More Stories With Dream’s The Endless Siblings

Forum 1 month ago

The Sandman Season 2 to Feature More Stories With Dream’s The Endless Siblings

Speaking with Collider, Killing Eve alum Kirby Howell-Baptiste teased an expanded role in Netflix’s highly-anticipated The Sandman Season 2, promising fans that Death will be “in more episodes.” Compared to the first installment, she also confirmed Season 2 will feature “some incredible stories” between Dream and his The Endless siblings.

“Death is a large part of this season and there are some incredible stories with the family that I’m very, very excited for fans to see.” She said. “It’s been fantastic going back actually, because this season, I think fans will be very excited for the episodes. It feels like the show is a two-way street, it’s not just us putting something out, it’s Neil listening, responding to the fans, and then in turn giving them the things that they are asking for, yelling for, begging for. So I think fans are gonna be really excited to have these stories expanded and have the complexities, and the family and, and all of those dynamics, see them even more this season, this continuation of episodes.”

What to expect in The Sandman Season 2?

“A journey is beginning that will take us from Destiny’s garden to Hell, from the Heart of the Dreaming to Ancient Greece and revolutionary France, and from there to places even I cannot quite imagine on the screen. I will be patient. Good things are coming,” creator Neil Gaiman teased in his previous letter celebrating the 35th anniversary of his The Sandman comics.

The Sandman stars Tom Sturridge as Dream, Gwendoline Christie as Lucifer, Vivienne Acheampong as Lucienne, Kirby Howell-Baptiste as Death, Patton Oswalt as Matthew the Raven, Jenna Coleman as Johanna Constantine, Mason Alexander Park as Desire, Donna Preston as Despair, and more. So far, Netflix has yet to make any announcements regarding the new actors joining the Season 2 cast.

The live-action series is written by Gaiman (American Gods) and showrunner Allan Heinberg (Wonder Woman, Grey’s Anatomy). David S. Goyer (Batman Begins, Foundation) is executive producing the drama from Warner Bros. Television.

What's your rating?
{{ratingsCount}} Votes

Related Forums
XO Kitty Season 2 Cast Adds 3 New Actors as Filming Begins
Forum | 1 day ago

XO Kitty Season 2 Cast Adds 3 New Actors as Filming Begins

Mayor of Kingstown Season 3 Trailer Previews Jeremy Renner’s Battle Against Russian Mob
Forum | 1 day ago

Mayor of Kingstown Season 3 Trailer Previews Jeremy Renner’s Battle Against Russian Mob

The Equalizer Season 5 Ordered at CBS
Forum | 1 day ago

The Equalizer Season 5 Ordered at CBS

Heartstopper Season 3 Adds Hayley Atwell, Jonathan Bailey, & More to Cast
Forum | 1 day ago

Heartstopper Season 3 Adds Hayley Atwell, Jonathan Bailey, & More to Cast