Michael Keaton Has Seen Beetlejuice 2: ‘I Confidently Say This Thing Is Great’

Forum 1 month ago

Michael Keaton Has Seen Beetlejuice 2: ‘I Confidently Say This Thing Is Great’

Michael Keaton has seen a cut of Beetlejuice 2, also known as Beetlejuice Beetlejuice.

Per Variety, Keaton revealed on SiriusXM’s The Jess Cagle Show that he’s now seen a cut of Tim Burton’s upcoming Beetlejuice sequel.

“I’ve seen it now,” Keaton said. “I’m going to see it again after a couple of little tweaks in the editing room, and I confidently say this thing is great. The [original] was so fun and exciting visually. [The sequel is] all that but really beautiful and interestingly emotional here and there. I wasn’t ready for that. It’s great.”

What do we know about Beetlejuice Beetlejuice?

Keaton is reprising his role as Betelgeuse in Beetlejuice Beetlejuice, which releases in September. The cast also includes Winona Ryder as Lydia Deetz, Catherine O’Hara as Delia Deetz, Jenna Ortega as Astrid Deetz, Monica Bellucci as Betelgeuse’s wife, and Willem Dafoe as a ghost detective.

Justin Theroux, Arthur Conti, Burn Gorman, and Filipe Cates also play undisclosed roles in the film.

Plot details for Beetlejuice Beetlejuice remain under wraps at this time. The movie is produced by Brad Pitt, Dede Gardner, Jeremy Kleiner, Burton, Tommy Harper, Marc Toberoff, and David Geffen.

Keaton told People about starring in Beetlejuice Beetlejuice last month, “It’s the most fun I’ve had on set in a long time. On one hand, you’d go, ‘Well, of course it’s the most fun. It looks like fun.’ As you know, it doesn’t always work like that.

“The one thing that [Burton] and I decided on early, early, early on from the beginning, if we ever did it again, I was totally not interested in doing something where there was too much technology. It had to feel handmade. What made it fun was watching somebody in the corner actually holding something up for you, to watch everybody in the shrunken head room and say, ‘Those are people under there, operating these things, trying to get it right.”

Beetlejuice Beetlejuice releases on September 6, 2024, from Warner Bros. Pictures.

What's your rating?
{{ratingsCount}} Votes

Related Forums
You Can’t Stand Beside Me And Say Something Negative About Davido - Sabinus
Forum | 1 day ago

You Can’t Stand Beside Me And Say Something Negative About Davido - Sabinus

It
Forum | 1 day ago

It's Difficult To Say RIP - Zubby Michael Posts Junior Pope On Instagram After He Was Dragged For Not Mourning

Your Marriage Is Still One of the Best We’ve Seen So Far - Nigerian Man Praises Adekunle Gold and Simi
Forum | 3 days ago

Your Marriage Is Still One of the Best We’ve Seen So Far - Nigerian Man Praises Adekunle Gold and Simi

Zubby Michael Shares Cryptic Post After Being Dragged by Angela Okorie
Forum | 1 week ago

Zubby Michael Shares Cryptic Post After Being Dragged by Angela Okorie