True Blood Star Joins Rhea Seehorn in Breaking Bad Creator Vince Gilligan’s New Series

Forum 1 month ago

True Blood Star Joins Rhea Seehorn in Breaking Bad Creator Vince Gilligan’s New Series

True Blood’s Karolina Wydra has been cast opposite Rhea Seehorn in Vince Gilligan’s new Apple TV+ series.

Per Deadline, Wydra will star in the new, still untitled Apple TV+ series coming from Gilligan. Gilligan is best known for creating Breaking Bad and co-creating the Better Call Saul prequel series with Peter Gould.

Wydra will play a character named Ana in the series, though no further details about her character are known at this time other than she’s “an optimistic young woman.”

Along with playing Violet Mazurski in True Blood, Wydra has also starred in series such as House, Justified, Wicked City, Sneaky Pete, Quantico, and Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. She’s been in movies such as 2011’s Crazy, Stupid, Love, 2013’s Europa Report, and 2019’s A Score to Settle.

What do we know about Vince Gilligan’s new series?

According to Deadline, Gilligan’s new show will be a “fun, mild sci-fi series told through the point of view of Seehorn’s character, the show is said to be set in our world while putting a tweak on it, bending reality and focusing on people and exploring the human condition in an unexpected, surprising way.”

Apple TV+ gave the show a two-season straight-to-series order in September 2022.

“After 15 years, I figured it was time to take a break from writing antiheroes… and who’s more heroic than the brilliant Rhea Seehorn? It’s long past time she had her own show, and I feel lucky to get to work on it with her,” Gilligan said at the time. “And what nice symmetry to be reunited with Zack Van Amburg, Jamie Erlicht, and Chris Parnell! Jamie and Zack were the first two people to say yes to Breaking Bad all those years ago. They’ve built a great team at Apple, and my wonderful, longtime partners at Sony Pictures Television and I are excited to be in business with them.”

What's your rating?
{{ratingsCount}} Votes

Related Forums
Charlie Day and Allison Williams to Star in Murder Mystery Movie Kill Me
Forum | 1 day ago

Charlie Day and Allison Williams to Star in Murder Mystery Movie Kill Me

Davido Flaunts New $200K Diamond Encrusted Teeth
Forum | 1 day ago

Davido Flaunts New $200K Diamond Encrusted Teeth

Clipped Trailer: FX NBA Series Based on Donald Sterling Scandal
Forum | 1 day ago

Clipped Trailer: FX NBA Series Based on Donald Sterling Scandal