Caught Stealing: Austin Butler to Star in New Crime Thriller Directed by Darren Aronofsky

Forum 4 weeks ago

Caught Stealing: Austin Butler to Star in New Crime Thriller Directed by Darren Aronofsky

Dune: Part Two’s Austin Butler will star in Darren Aronofsky’s new crime thriller movie, Caught Stealing.

Per Deadline, Butler has been cast in the new Sony Pictures crime thriller Caught Stealing, which is being directed by The Whale’s Aronofsky.

What else do we know about Caught Stealing?

The movie is based on a 2004 novel of the same name that was written by Charlie Huston. Huston wrote the screenplay for the movie, while Aronofsky and Ari Handel’s Protozoa will produce.

“I am excited to be teaming up with my old friends at Sony Pictures to bring Charlie’s adrenaline-soaked roller coaster ride to life. I can’t wait to start working with Austin and my family of NYC filmmakers,” Aronofsky said.

Sony Pictures Motion Picture Group’s Sanford Panitch added, “Darren is one of the most brilliant audiovisual storytellers in the world, and adapting these wonderful books by Charlie Huston for Austin to star was too exciting an opportunity to not be a part of.”

The plot, according to Deadline, “follows Hank Thompson, a burned-out former baseball player, as he’s unwittingly plunged into a wild fight for survival in the downtown criminal underworld of ‘90s NYC.”

Butler played Feyd-Rautha Harkonnen in Denis Villeneuve’s Dune: Part Two. He was nominated for an Academy Award for Best Actor for his performance in 2022’s Elvis, while he also had a minor role in 2019’s Once Upon a Time in Hollywood. He’ll next been seen in Jeff Nichols The Bikeriders, which releases in June 2024, while he’s additionally attached to appear in Ari Aster’s Eddington.

Aronofsky made his feature film directorial debut in 1998 with Pi. He then went on to direct 2000’s Requiem for a Dream, 2006’s The Fountain, 2008’s The Wrestler, 2010’s Black Swan, 2014’s Noah, 2017’s Mother!, and, most recently, 2022’s The Whale.

A release date for Caught Stealing has not yet been set.

What's your rating?
{{ratingsCount}} Votes

Related Forums
Pierce Brosnan Goes All ‘James Bond’ in Spy Thriller ‘In The Wind’
Forum | 18 hours ago

Pierce Brosnan Goes All ‘James Bond’ in Spy Thriller ‘In The Wind’

Charlie Day and Allison Williams to Star in Murder Mystery Movie Kill Me
Forum | 18 hours ago

Charlie Day and Allison Williams to Star in Murder Mystery Movie Kill Me

Davido Flaunts New $200K Diamond Encrusted Teeth
Forum | 1 day ago

Davido Flaunts New $200K Diamond Encrusted Teeth