Panic As Bandits Kill Imam, Abduct Scores In Zamfara

Forum 4 weeks ago

Panic As Bandits Kill Imam, Abduct Scores In Zamfara

Bandits have fatally attacked Sheikh Ahmad Rufa’i, the Chief Imam of the Central Mosque in Keita village, located in Tsafe Local Government Area of Zamfara State.

Sheikh Rufa’i’s killing came barely three weeks after the murder of Imam Abubakar Hassan Mada, the Chief Imam of the Central Mosque in Mada in Gusau LGA of the state.

A resident of Keita, Ibrahim Musa Keita, said the bandits invaded the village shortly after Muslims observed the isha’i (night) congregational prayer.

He explained that,
“Before the invasion, the residents were alerted about the movement of the bandits along Kwarin Gano-Keita Road. They were sighted along that road but we were not sure whether they would come to this village or not.

“Initially, they wanted to abduct road users along the Keita-Kwarin Gano Road, but after spending some time without getting a single person, they invaded Keita village, killed our chief imam and abducted scores of people, including women.

“We have not ascertained the number of people they have abducted as some people ran into the bush and have not been seen yet.”

In a related development, two people were said to have been abducted in Magazu village in Tsafe LGA on Tuesday.

A resident, Yusuf Ibrahim, said the bandits invaded the village around 3am, shooting sporadically, adding that most residents fled their homes.

Also, a resident of neighbouring Kwalfada village, Aminu Kwalfada, regretted that the activities of bandits had compelled residents to stop using loudspeakers in their mosques during prayers.

When reached for comment, ASP Abubakar Yazid, the Police Public Relations Officer for Zamfara State Command, promised that he would provide information regarding the incident as soon as he obtained the details. He did not do so as of the time of filing this report last night.

What's your rating?
{{ratingsCount}} Votes

Related Forums
Charlie Day and Allison Williams to Star in Murder Mystery Movie Kill Me
Forum | 20 hours ago

Charlie Day and Allison Williams to Star in Murder Mystery Movie Kill Me

Commotion As Bandits Strike Again, Kill Four, Abduct Six In Zamfara
Forum | 21 hours ago

Commotion As Bandits Strike Again, Kill Four, Abduct Six In Zamfara

Bandits Kill 4, Kidnap 6 And Raze Telecom Service Mast In Zamfara
Forum | 22 hours ago

Bandits Kill 4, Kidnap 6 And Raze Telecom Service Mast In Zamfara

Family Members Of Bride-to-be Stop Kidnap Attempt, Kill Terrorist, Seize Two Ak-47 Rifles
Forum | 2 days ago

Family Members Of Bride-to-be Stop Kidnap Attempt, Kill Terrorist, Seize Two Ak-47 Rifles