EPL: He did a lot for me – Onana credits ex-Man Utd star for helping him

Forum 3 weeks ago

EPL: He did a lot for me – Onana credits ex-Man Utd star for helping him

Cameroon goalkeeper Andre Onana has given credit to Manchester United legend Edwin van der Sar for providing him with valuable support during his early struggles at Red Devils.

Onana arrived at Old Trafford from Ajax last summer and faced criticism following some uncertain performances.

However, the 28-year-old has since improved and says he is grateful to be able to lean on the advice of the former Man United and Ajax goalkeeper.

Onana revealed that Van der Sar encouraged him to give himself time to settle and to show his true qualities.

“I spoke to him [Van der Sar] when I signed here [Man United] and even, I think, a few months ago,” Onana told Inside United.

“He told me: “Andre, what can I tell you already? You are already used to the pressure. Just give yourself time and show the world who you are. I already know who you are.”’

He added, “He had a great career here and he’s done a lot of thing for Manchester United and for me. I am still in contact with him and very happy to talk to him sometimes, when we can. Talking about him is something great because he did a lot for me.”

What's your rating?
{{ratingsCount}} Votes

Related Forums
EPL: Iwobi moves to fourth position on Nigeria’s highest capped list
Forum | 1 day ago

EPL: Iwobi moves to fourth position on Nigeria’s highest capped list

EPL: You damaged English football – Pochettino slams VAR after Aston Villa draw
Forum | 1 day ago

EPL: You damaged English football – Pochettino slams VAR after Aston Villa draw

EPL: Chelsea’s 2-2 draw with Aston Villa sees Arsenal qualify for Champions League
Forum | 1 day ago

EPL: Chelsea’s 2-2 draw with Aston Villa sees Arsenal qualify for Champions League

EPL: If I speak, there will be fire – Salah on clash with Klopp at West Ham
Forum | 2 days ago

EPL: If I speak, there will be fire – Salah on clash with Klopp at West Ham