Bandits Kill Businessman, Kidnap Wife And Neighbour In Zamfara

Forum 3 weeks ago

Bandits Kill Businessman, Kidnap Wife And Neighbour In Zamfara

A businessman identified as Ashiru Nagoma, has been killed by bandits who attacked Gusau Local Government Area of Zamfara State.

The criminal elements also abducted his wife and neighbour.

The incident happened in the early hours of Tuesday, April 2, 2024, at Buluku, a community located behind the Nigerian Television Authority (NTA) within the state capital.

According to a neighbour of the deceased, Alhaji Jafar, Nagoma was shot in the stomach and was rushed to King Fahad Hospital where he died while receiving treatment.

Jafar explained that the bandits invaded the community around 1 am and went straight to the residence of Alhaji Nagoma, who was also the manager of Raheem Petroleum and attempted to kidnap him.

“When the bandits realised that the man would not succumb, they shot him in the stomach and abducted his wife. He was left screaming for help. We all heard him calling for help but we could not do otherwise because the bandits were shooting sporadically,
" he narrated.

“A few minutes later, one of the bandits returned to the house, hit his head with a stick and left him unconscious. The bandits then went with his wife. They also went to the next house and abducted the owner of the house.”

Another resident, Aminu Musa, said at the second house, the bandits also attempted to kidnap a couple, but the husband begged them to spare his wife because of her pregnancy condition.

The spokesperson for the State Police Command, ASP Yazid Abubakar, confirmed the incident and said that the late Nagoma had resisted an attack by the gunmen, and they, in turn, killed him and abducted his wife and neighbour.

“The bandits did not attack the mosque. They had a target, and it was the man that was attacked. His wife and neighbour were abducted,
” the PPRO said.

"Our rescue team is on top of the situation and is making frantic efforts to make sure that the perpetrators are brought to book and the abducted victims are rescued. An investigation is also ongoing,” he added.

What's your rating?
{{ratingsCount}} Votes

Related Forums
Charlie Day and Allison Williams to Star in Murder Mystery Movie Kill Me
Forum | 3 days ago

Charlie Day and Allison Williams to Star in Murder Mystery Movie Kill Me

Commotion As Bandits Strike Again, Kill Four, Abduct Six In Zamfara
Forum | 3 days ago

Commotion As Bandits Strike Again, Kill Four, Abduct Six In Zamfara

Bandits Kill 4, Kidnap 6 And Raze Telecom Service Mast In Zamfara
Forum | 3 days ago

Bandits Kill 4, Kidnap 6 And Raze Telecom Service Mast In Zamfara

You Bring So Much Joy, Into My World - Actor Browny Igboegwu Celebrates Wife on Her Birthday
Forum | 4 days ago

You Bring So Much Joy, Into My World - Actor Browny Igboegwu Celebrates Wife on Her Birthday