Defend Tinubu Publicly or Quit - Matawalle Tells Northern Appointees

Forum 2 weeks ago

Defend Tinubu Publicly or Quit - Matawalle Tells Northern Appointees

The Minister of State for Defence, Bello Matawalle has called on all appointees of President Bola Tinubu from the North to defend his administration or quit.

Matawalle specifically called on Hakeem Baba-Ahmed, Special Adviser to the President on political matters in the office of the Vice President and other leaders to take a position in support of the government.

He said this following what he perceived as comments against the federal government by the former spokesperson of the Northern Elders Forum, NEF, Baba-Ahmed.

In a Facebook post on Sunday, Baba-Ahmed said it would have been better for the Tinubu administration if Matawalle had listed his achievements as minister.

Baba-Ahmed had said this after the minister described the NEF as a political paperweight which is a burden to the north.

The minister tackled NEF over a recent comment made by the forum that the north regrets voting for the President in the 2023 general election.

But in a statement on Monday, Matawalle said any appointee must defend and promote the administration they work for.

What's your rating?
{{ratingsCount}} Votes

Related Forums
Stop Intimidating Me, Obey Court Orders - Yahaya Bello Tells EFCC
Forum | 5 days ago

Stop Intimidating Me, Obey Court Orders - Yahaya Bello Tells EFCC

Shehu Sani Tells FG to Pull Down Chinese Supermarket Denying Nigerians Entrance
Forum | 6 days ago

Shehu Sani Tells FG to Pull Down Chinese Supermarket Denying Nigerians Entrance

Those Asking Me to Apologize Worse Than Jonathan, Buhari, Tinubu – Aisha Yesufu
Forum | 6 days ago

Those Asking Me to Apologize Worse Than Jonathan, Buhari, Tinubu – Aisha Yesufu