General Hospital: Nicholas Alexander Chavez Not Returning as Spencer

Forum 1 week ago

General Hospital: Nicholas Alexander Chavez Not Returning as Spencer

Following Nicholas Alexander Chavez’s temporary leave of absence from General Hospital, the Spencer Cassadine actor is set to exit the daytime soap opera for good.

Earlier this year, Chavez temporarily left General Hospital to shoot the second season of Ryan Murphy’s Monster, leaving the Spencer Role vacated for months. However, per TVLine’s recent report, the actor turns out to not be returning after all.

Chavez joined the longest-running American soap back in 2021 and won a Daytime Emmy for an Outstanding Younger Performer in a Drama Series category. In 2023, the actor received another nomination for Outstanding Performance by a Supporting Actor in a Daytime Drama Series.

Reps for General Hospital have not yet commented on the actor’s status on the show.

“The tradition of passion, intrigue and adventure takes place in the fictional town of Port Charles, in upstate New York,” the logline for General Hospital reads. The series premiered on the ABC television network in 1963. As of this writing, General Hospital consists of over 14,000 episodes.

General Hospital helped Nicholas Alexander Chavez change his life trajectory

Talking about the show’s impact on his career, Chavez previously told PEOPLE that the show has “changed everything” about him.

“Before the show, I was selling cars in Florida. I live across the country now. I was driving my dad’s old Jeep and now, I’m sitting in a car that I paid for. This show has given me the opportunity to become my own guy. It’s also given me the gift few people get in life — the privilege to earn an income doing what I love to do every single day. If I’m not the luckiest guy in the world, I’ve got to be damned close,” said Chavez.

The actor played Lyle in Netflix’s Monsters, opposite Cooper Koch as Erik. The upcoming season will chronicle the story of the infamous real-life brothers who were convicted of killing their parents in 1996. No release date has been set yet for the upcoming season, but Netflix confirmed that Season 2 will premiere later this year.

What's your rating?
{{ratingsCount}} Votes

Related Forums
KASU update on returning and new students
Forum | 2 days ago

KASU update on returning and new students' registration

Tales of the Empire Clip Previews Battle Against General Grievous
Forum | 1 week ago

Tales of the Empire Clip Previews Battle Against General Grievous

That ’90s Show: Mila Kunis Reveals if She and Ashton Kutcher Are Returning for Season 2
Forum | 2 weeks ago

That ’90s Show: Mila Kunis Reveals if She and Ashton Kutcher Are Returning for Season 2

Suits Returning To Broadcast TV After Successful Netflix Run
Forum | 2 weeks ago

Suits Returning To Broadcast TV After Successful Netflix Run