"Allow ads" and Popups to avoid redirection of your browsers.

Tron: Ares Visual Effects Will ‘Push Forward What Can Be Done,’ Says Cameron Monaghan

Forum 2 weeks ago

Tron: Ares Visual Effects Will ‘Push Forward What Can Be Done,’ Says Cameron Monaghan

Tron: Ares is shrouded in mystery as to what fans can expect in the new movie, but according to star Cameron Monaghan, the film will feature some stellar visuals.

Speaking to Collider, Monaghan said that fans will be extremely excited about the visuals of the film, which he believes will “push forward” what films can do.

“I think this one, in a very similar way, is going to really push forward what can be done, from a visual perspective,” Monaghan said. “I would sometimes even come in on days I wasn’t working because that set was really amazing. A lot of the practical sets were pretty phenomenal, and I would love to go look at those as well.”

As a lifelong fan of Tron, Monaghan recalled how the virtual reality world of the classic 1982 sci-fi adventure movie and its 2010 sequel Tron: Legacy left a huge impression on him in his early years.

“I think I first saw the first Tron on a plane when I was younger,” Monaghan recalled. “It was an international flight. I remember watching the original, and I thought it was from the ’90s or something because it was pretty amazing how a movie from that era could look that amazing, and utilizing computers the way they did.”

Alongside Monaghan, Tron: Ares also stars Jared Leto, After Yang actor Jodie Turner-Smith, Past Lives breakout Greta Lee, Golden Globe winner Gillian Anderson, Emmy winner Evan Peters, and Yellowjackets star Sarah Desjardins. Leto will reportedly play the titular character — a manifestation of a program that becomes sentient and crosses over into the human world.

Who is directing Tron: Ares?

Tron: Ares is being directed by Joachim Rønning (Pirates of the Caribbean: Dead Men Tell No Tales, Maleficent: Mistress of Evil) from a screenplay written by Jesse Wigutow and Jack Thorne. The film is produced by Emma Ludbrook, Jeffrey Springer, and Leto. Russell Allen will also serve as an executive producer.

The 1982 original centered on Jeff Bridges’ Kevin Flynn, a computer programmer transported into a fantastical virtual world and enlisted to topple an evil AI regime. Over three decades later, the film was followed by the Joseph Kosinski-helmed sequel Tron: Legacy, which starred Garett Hedlund, Olivia Wilde, James Frain, Beau Garrett and Michael Sheen.

What's your rating?
{{ratingsCount}} Votes

Related Forums
EPL: Gary Lineker compares Chelsea forward to Messi
Forum | 2 days ago

EPL: Gary Lineker compares Chelsea forward to Messi

Chris Hemsworth Defends Superhero Movies From Critics, Says ‘Billions Watch Them’
Forum | 3 days ago

Chris Hemsworth Defends Superhero Movies From Critics, Says ‘Billions Watch Them’

Galactus Actor Ralph Ineson Says ‘He’ll See What He Can Do’ in The Fantastic Four
Forum | 5 days ago

Galactus Actor Ralph Ineson Says ‘He’ll See What He Can Do’ in The Fantastic Four

Disney’s Tron: Ares Officially Wraps Production
Forum | 1 week ago

Disney’s Tron: Ares Officially Wraps Production