"Allow ads" and Popups to avoid redirection of your browsers.

Kevin Spacey Criticizes Upcoming Unmasked Docuseries, Issues Statement

Forum 2 weeks ago

Kevin Spacey Criticizes Upcoming Unmasked Docuseries, Issues Statement

Kevin Spacey is not happy about the upcoming Channel 4 and Max documentary Spacey Unmasked, criticizing the team behind it for not allowing him more time to comment.

Taking to social media, Spacey said that, over the past week, he had been asking Channel 4 — who will be premiering the two-part documentary in the U.K. next week — for time to respond. According to Spacey, the broadcaster refused.

“Over the last week, I have repeatedly requested that [Channel 4] afford me more than 7 days to respond to allegations made against me dating back 48 years and provide me with sufficient details to investigate these matters,” said Spacey. “Channel 4 has refused on the basis that they feel that asking for a response in 7 days to new, anonymized and non-specific allegations is a ‘fair opportunity’ for me to refute any allegations made against me.”

The actor went on to say that he won’t “sit back and be attacked by a dying network’s one-sided” project, and claimed that he had been exonerated of any wrongdoing already.

What is Spacey Unmasked?

The documentary is set to air in the United Kingdom on May 6-7, 2024, and will presumably make its way to the United States sometime after (via THR). Spacey Unmasked is directed by Katherine Haywood and produced by Haywood, Dorothy Byrne, and Mike Lerner.

Alongside a look into Spacey’s life and career, Spacey Unmasked also includes interviews with “multiple men unconnected to that case about their experiences with Kevin Spacey, almost all of whom have never spoken before,” according to a description of the film. Other unseen archival footage is also present in the film, as are interviews with actors.

What's your rating?
{{ratingsCount}} Votes

Related Forums
Horizon: An American Saga Trailer Previews Kevin Costner Western Epic
Forum | 1 hour ago

Horizon: An American Saga Trailer Previews Kevin Costner Western Epic

Group accuses PDP, LP of plotting to derail upcoming LG election
Forum | 8 hours ago

Group accuses PDP, LP of plotting to derail upcoming LG election

Dan Schneider Issues Statement on New Allegations From All That’s Lori Beth Denberg
Forum | 3 days ago

Dan Schneider Issues Statement on New Allegations From All That’s Lori Beth Denberg

Kevin Costner Details Yellowstone Exit, Possible Return as John Dutton
Forum | 3 days ago

Kevin Costner Details Yellowstone Exit, Possible Return as John Dutton