"Allow ads" and Popups to avoid redirection of your browsers.

Finidi not on one-year contract – NFF boss, Gusau

Forum 2 weeks ago

Finidi not on one-year contract – NFF boss, Gusau

President of the Nigeria Football Federation (NFF), Ibrahim Gusau has debunked reports that Super Eagles head coach, Finidi George was committed to a one-year contract.

Finidi was officially unveiled by the NFF this week.

The former Enyimba head coach reportedly penned a one-year contract with the option of another year.

Gusau has now moved to rubbish the reports, claiming the gaffer will remain in charge of the team at least till the end of the 2026 FIFA World Cup Cup.

The NFF boss also revealed the soccer house’s target for the coach.

“I don’t know where the one-year contract information emanated from, all I know is that, as far as our contract with Finidi is concerned, he is going to be in charge of the team till the end of 2026.

“So I don’t think 2026 is going to be a one-year contract,” Gusau said on Soccer Africa, a popular TV Show in South Africa.

“The key thing is, in every contract, there must be some indices and some targets that you must put in place for somebody in other for him to get optimal performance.

“And the first target is to qualify the team for next year’s Nations Cup and to get to at least the semi finals of the Nations Cup, as well as qualify the team to the World Cup and to get us the target of playing in the quarter finals of the World Cup.

“So these are the main targets we put in place for him in the contract, and by the grace of God, we are working hard to see how we can achieve that,” he stated.

What's your rating?
{{ratingsCount}} Votes

Related Forums
2026 WCQ: South Africa boss okays travel plans for Super Eagles clash
Forum | 1 day ago

2026 WCQ: South Africa boss okays travel plans for Super Eagles clash

One year in office: We’re walking the talk – Tinubu
Forum | 2 days ago

One year in office: We’re walking the talk – Tinubu

LaLiga: Flick to sign two-year contract to replace Xavi at Barcelona
Forum | 3 days ago

LaLiga: Flick to sign two-year contract to replace Xavi at Barcelona