“An attack on my hometown Mubi is immaterial” – Chief of Defense Staff

Forum 9 years ago

“An attack on my hometown Mubi is immaterial” – Chief of Defense Staff

Reacting to reports that Boko Haram men attacked and ceased his home town, Mubi in Adamawa state, the Chief of Defence staff, Air Marshal Alex Badeh, said an attack on his village does not mean the military is helpless. He said its immaterial if it was his hometown that was attacked as the attack could have been on any other part of Nigeria and it would still have affected him as Security Chief.

Mr Badeh made this remark while speaking to newsmen after the National Council of state meeting at the Presidential villa in Abuja yesterday.

“How can Nigeria be helpless? If the CDS loses his hometown, its the same thing as losing Lagos, its the same thing as losing Enugu. Any part of Nigeria that is lost, CDS carries the weight. So its immaterial, whether its my hometown or my house that is burnt or Emeka’s house, or whoever’s house that is burnt in Nigeria, the CDS is pained“.

[ads4]

What's your rating?
{{ratingsCount}} Votes

Related forums
Babcock University Professor Killed, Two Abducted As Gunmen Attack Event Centre In Ogun
Forum | 2 days ago

Babcock University Professor Killed, Two Abducted As Gunmen Attack Event Centre In Ogun

WAEC disclaimer notice on purported ad-hoc staff recruitment
Forum | 4 days ago

WAEC disclaimer notice on purported ad-hoc staff recruitment

Shame On You Poor Little Israel – Fani-Kayode on Attack on Iran
Forum | 5 days ago

Shame On You Poor Little Israel – Fani-Kayode on Attack on Iran

Davido Throws Support Behind Cubana Chief Priest Amid Alleged Naira Abuse
Forum | 6 days ago

Davido Throws Support Behind Cubana Chief Priest Amid Alleged Naira Abuse