Dad Gets Tattoo Of His Baby Son's Heart Surgery Scar To Show Him He's Not Alone. Photos

Forum 6 years ago

Dad Gets Tattoo Of His Baby Son's Heart Surgery Scar To Show Him He's Not Alone. Photos

son's heart surgery scar to show his little boy that he is not alone. Richard Davies, 29, decided to get the scar-like tattoo after son Bobby had open heart surgery to repair a birth defect which meant he was born with half a heart.

The floor fitter from Swansea, Wales, spent £200 and two hours having the artwork done on his chest so that his son knows he is never alone.

Richard and mum Natasha, 30, an accountant, first discovered son Bobby had a heart defect at their 20-week scan at Singleton Hospital in Swansea.

Doctors referred them for further tests at the Heath hospital in Cardiff, where doctors confirmed their unborn child was suffering from Tricuspid Atresia, Hypoplastic Right Heart Syndrome and a Ventricular Septal Defect.

Speaking of the diagnosis, she says doctors gave her three options, to give supportive comfort care, allow him to live as long as he could, or have surgery when he was born.
She says: "Our world came crashing down around us.

"Neither of us had any knowledge of congenital heart defects and didn't know what this would mean for our baby. "We were given three options; surgery when he was born, supportive comfort care meaning we would let him be born with no intervention and allow him to live for as long as he could or a termination.

"As you can imagine at 22 weeks gestation, I was inconsolable. "But my husband and I both knew straight away that we would fight for our baby. "No matter what. So we did. I had frequent scans and was monitored closely through the rest of my pregnancy."

Thankfully, baby Bobby was born at St Michael's Hospital in Bristol in July weighing 7lbs and breathing on his own, meaning that he didn't need to have the surgery right away.

What's your rating?
{{ratingsCount}} Votes

Related forums
Hollywood Con Queen: Docuseries About High-Profile Scam Gets Apple TV+ Release Date
Forum | 2 days ago

Hollywood Con Queen: Docuseries About High-Profile Scam Gets Apple TV+ Release Date

How My Son Was Killed By Vigilante Group – Bauchi District Head Reveals
Forum | 2 days ago

How My Son Was Killed By Vigilante Group – Bauchi District Head Reveals

Chucky Season 4 Gets Update From Creator Don Mancini
Forum | 3 days ago

Chucky Season 4 Gets Update From Creator Don Mancini

Lagos Govt Seek Help In Identifying Woman Assaulting Baby In Viral Video
Forum | 3 days ago

Lagos Govt Seek Help In Identifying Woman Assaulting Baby In Viral Video