[FULL REASONS!!!] Mavin Records Rema had the best year in Nigerian Music in 2019

Forum 4 years ago

[FULL REASONS!!!] Mavin Records Rema had the best year in Nigerian Music in 2019

As a music critic whose ears has been down, I think I will be raising an inarguable topic by saying that Rema has had a better year as compared to Wizkid and Davido.

The 22nd of March 2019 will forever be honoured and remembered in the Nigerian music scene as the day Mavin records, boss Don Jazzy announced the signing of Nigeria’s biggest young talent, Rema. `The youngster` took the stage and possessed it like he has always been ready for the moment. He mastered his craft, sold his sound and was warmly welcomed by lovers of afrobeats who were tired of the same sounds being recycled among our top stars.

Though I will love to desist from comparing his (Rema) 2019 successes with other artistes, I must highlight a few things he has achieved in 2019 that no other artiste can brag of.

• 1. Rema in his first career year became the first Nigerian act to have his albums on the apple music Top 2 album chart with his REMA and Freestyle EP.
  • 2. He is the only Nigerian listed on President Obama’s Summer Playlist 2019. With his song ‘Iron Man’ sitting comfortably on No. 42 of the 44 tracklist.
  • 3. Still in 2019, Rema became the first Nigerian teenager to attain 50 million streams across all streaming platform
  • 4. Rema is the first artist to have 4 TRAP songs topping the apple music most played songs.

In their first career years, Wizkid and Davido were popping but none had international recognition like Rema. In fact, comparing Rema’s first career year to Wizkid and Davido’s, is an insult to the young mavin.

Let’s not forget that Rema could have hundreds if not thousands of Americans and Europeans singing and dancing to songs he made barely six month after dropping his first official single under his new management deal with Mavin records and Jonzing world.

With all these unimaginable achievements in view, I belief it will be wise to say that Rema had a better year as compared to other Nigerian musicians.

What do you think? Please drop comments below

What's your rating?
{{ratingsCount}} Votes

Related forums
Nigerians Mock EFCC As Video of Obi Cubana Spraying Dollars Surfaces Online
Forum | 1 day ago

Nigerians Mock EFCC As Video of Obi Cubana Spraying Dollars Surfaces Online

Electricity Tariffs: RSM Calls On Nigerian Labour To Begin Mass Protests Against Tinubu Government
Forum | 1 day ago

Electricity Tariffs: RSM Calls On Nigerian Labour To Begin Mass Protests Against Tinubu Government

Drama as Nigerian Man Slaps Girlfriend Over Cake-cutting at Party
Forum | 2 days ago

Drama as Nigerian Man Slaps Girlfriend Over Cake-cutting at Party

Nigerian Man Arrested For Being In Possession Of Fake Naira Notes
Forum | 2 days ago

Nigerian Man Arrested For Being In Possession Of Fake Naira Notes