“How I Survived Akwa Ibom Church Building Collapse” – Akwa Ibom Governor Says

Forum 7 years ago

“How I Survived Akwa Ibom Church Building Collapse” – Akwa Ibom Governor Says

Akwa Ibom State Governor, Udom Emmanuel, has confirmed he was inside Reigners Bible Church, when it collapsed on Saturday.

Emmanuel and his deputy escaped death after the building collapsed, during the ordination service of Bishop Akan Weeks.

In a press statement signed by his personal assistant, Mr. Ekerette Udoh, the Governor said he was trapped in the building when it came crashing.

About 50 people are reported to have lost their lives.

He also commiserated with the families of the victims and ordered an immediate investigation into the tragedy.

“The Government of Akwa Ibom State has commiserated with the families of the victims of the collapsed building at Reigners Bible Church International along Uyo Village road.

“His Excellency, the Governor of Akwa Ibom State, Mr Udom Emmanuel was present at the church service during the incident and thereafter personally supervised rescue operations and evacuation of the injured to the hospital. The State Government will undertake the medical treatment of the victims.

“A high-powered panel of enquiry is being constituted to ascertain the immediate and remote factors leading to the collapse of the church building with a view to forestall the re-occurrence of such incident and bring to book persons found to have compromised professional standards in the construction of the building”, the statement read?.

What's your rating?
{{ratingsCount}} Votes

Related forums
I Can’t Imagine It – Aisha Yesufu On Governor Ododo Stopping Yahaya Bello’s Arrest
Forum | 4 hours ago

I Can’t Imagine It – Aisha Yesufu On Governor Ododo Stopping Yahaya Bello’s Arrest

Church Member Hails Reverend Father As He Shoots A Gun During Service
Forum | 15 hours ago

Church Member Hails Reverend Father As He Shoots A Gun During Service

Sydney Sweeney ‘Isn’t Pretty’ and ‘Can’t Act,’ Says Hollywood Producer Carol Baum
Forum | 1 day ago

Sydney Sweeney ‘Isn’t Pretty’ and ‘Can’t Act,’ Says Hollywood Producer Carol Baum

EFCC vs Yahaya Bello: Ex-Kogi Governor Has Lost Immunity, Can Be Arrested, Prosecuted – Falana
Forum | 1 day ago

EFCC vs Yahaya Bello: Ex-Kogi Governor Has Lost Immunity, Can Be Arrested, Prosecuted – Falana