How to Change Your Twitter Name, Email and Username (Handle)

Forum 7 years ago

How to Change Your Twitter Name, Email and Username (Handle)

How Do I Change My Twitter Name, Email and Username

People change twitter nameand emailwhen trying to re-brand their business. What they often careful about while changing their twitter username is losing followers. Ensure that you update your bio section to inform followers that you have changed your username so that their can tweet their replies and send direct messages via this new account username.

How To Change Your Twitter Display Name

Sign in to your account on Twitter using your username/email and password

Navigate to the settings page by clicking the gear icon located at the top right-hand corner of the page

Head over to the profile setting page by clicking the profile tab on the left side of the webpage

Select a new twitter name (20 character max) that you will type into the text field found on the right of the name

Twitter real or display name cannot be more than 20 characters long.

If the profile name you chose has been taken, you will be notified to supply a new one

After this stage, click the save button found below the page to save your new Twitter name

Changing your twitter username and display name would not affect your existing followers, your account direct messages and twitter @replies. The next time you update, followers will see a new username beside your profile photo.

How To Change Your Twitter Username and E-mail

Do you want to edit your Twitter username and email?

Make sure you are logged in

Visit the twitter account settings page

Input a new Twitter email and username

Twitter username is 15 characters max.

Click on the Save Changes button

You see it is simple! You have eventually changed your Twitter Display name, Twitter Username and Email.

Do you find this helpful?

Why don't you share.

What's your rating?
{{ratingsCount}} Votes

Related forums
Lady Set to Wed Stranger She Met On Twitter After Helping Him Get A Job
Forum | 2 weeks ago

Lady Set to Wed Stranger She Met On Twitter After Helping Him Get A Job

I Won’t Change To Be Someone Else - BBNaija
Forum | 3 weeks ago

I Won’t Change To Be Someone Else - BBNaija's Vee

Transfer: I’m hopeful Mbappe will change his mind over Real Madrid move – Enrique
Forum | 3 weeks ago

Transfer: I’m hopeful Mbappe will change his mind over Real Madrid move – Enrique

Fed Poly Offa change of date for 30th matriculation ceremony
Forum | 3 weeks ago

Fed Poly Offa change of date for 30th matriculation ceremony