How To Know If Facebook Shared Your Data With Cambridge Analytica

Forum 6 years ago

How To Know If Facebook Shared Your Data With Cambridge Analytica

For those who didn’t get the notification that Facebook sent out about whether or not you were affected by the recent breach, there’s a way to go about it manually.

A new tool launched by Facebook will give you an instant answer to the question at the forefront of your mind.

The Next Web‘s Matt Navarra, Facebook’s tool, which can be accessed by clicking here, is now live, and ready and waiting to tell you whether you were directly impacted.

You can also access the tool by searching “Cambridge” in the search box of Facebook’s Help Centre.
Facebook’s tool to check if your data was accessed by Cambridge Analytica is now LIVE…
Check if you were impacted here: https://t.co /lAHaaWYvyi pic.twitter.com/9 2Bdv2JjHt
— Matt Navarra (@MattNavarra) April 10, 2018

After clicking on the link, you’ll arrive at a page entitled “How can I tell if my info was shared with Cambridge Analytica?”

The section you need to pay attention to is “Was my information shared?”

What you’ll see if you were affected by the breach

In my case, Facebook informed me that I didn’t log into “This Is Your Digital Life”—the app which shared data with Cambridge Analytica—but a friend of mine did. “As a result, the following information was likely shared with ‘This is Your Digital Life’: Your public profile, page likes, date of birth and current city.”

What you’ll see if you weren’t affected

If you weren’t affected by the breach, you’ll see the message below when you access the tool. “Based on our available records, neither you nor your friends logged into “This Is Your Digital Life.”

What's your rating?
{{ratingsCount}} Votes

Related forums
“She no know say I be celebrity” — Regina Daniels laments as her mom asks her to wash plates
Forum | 1 week ago

“She no know say I be celebrity” — Regina Daniels laments as her mom asks her to wash plates

Marriage Is About Sharing, Everything Is Shared Including Infection - Etinosa
Forum | 2 weeks ago

Marriage Is About Sharing, Everything Is Shared Including Infection - Etinosa

‘I don’t know if I’ll live to be 100’ – Varane
Forum | 2 weeks ago

‘I don’t know if I’ll live to be 100’ – Varane

I Know Liam Is My Grandson, But Wunmi Needs to Do the DNA Test – Mohbad’s Father
Forum | 2 weeks ago

I Know Liam Is My Grandson, But Wunmi Needs to Do the DNA Test – Mohbad’s Father