Korede Bello Influenced My New Album Title – Gospel Artiste, Mike Abdul Reveals

Forum 7 years ago

Korede Bello Influenced My New Album Title – Gospel Artiste, Mike Abdul Reveals

Midnight Crew’s Mike Abdul, recently released a new album titled ‘Korede’.

The talented gospel act, who in his uniqueness, helped revamp gospel music in the country, shed light on how Mavin’s Korede Bello, helped influence the title of his new album.

Speaking to Saturday Beats, Mike revealed how Korede’s hit single, ‘Godwin‘, influenced his album title.

According to Mike:

The title of my new album is ‘Korede’ and it was influenced by a song, ‘Godwin’ by Korede Bello. I was at an event last year with the Midnight Crew where we performed at someone’s birthday. After our performance, Korede Bello was next. I have always liked the song ‘Godwin’ because I feel that whatever you do in life, it is God that wins. When I saw him, somehow that name Korede got stuck in my head. The next day when I was saying my prayers, no song could come to my mind, but the name Korede kept ringing in my head. The name means ‘To bring blessing’, and it is only God that brings blessing to someone’s life.

I connected to his name knowing full well that God will bring my blessing especially with this album. The funny thing is that I did not feature Korede Bello in the album but the only thing I did was to inform him that I was naming my album after him and he told me that it was very cool

What's your rating?
{{ratingsCount}} Votes

Related forums
Trying Season 4 Trailer Previews New Chapter in Apple TV+ Comedy
Forum | 2 days ago

Trying Season 4 Trailer Previews New Chapter in Apple TV+ Comedy

New Sleepy Hollow Movie in Development at Paramount
Forum | 2 days ago

New Sleepy Hollow Movie in Development at Paramount

EPL: Arteta reveals advantage Arsenal have over Liverpool, Man City in title race
Forum | 1 day ago

EPL: Arteta reveals advantage Arsenal have over Liverpool, Man City in title race

Comedian AY Makun Splashes Millions On Brand New Range Rover
Forum | 2 days ago

Comedian AY Makun Splashes Millions On Brand New Range Rover