Muslim Woman Saves Burning Man's Life Using Islamic Robe, While Others Ignored (Photos)

Forum 6 years ago

Muslim Woman Saves Burning Man's Life Using Islamic Robe, While Others Ignored (Photos)

A beautiful Muslim woman has become a heroine after saving the life of a man by using her Islamic robe to douse fire while he was burning.

Police want to honour a woman who used an abaya to save a driver with clothes aflame from a burning truck. The woman has been identified as Jawaher Saif Al Kumaiti, an Emirati from Ajman.

In an interview with Gulf News, Al Kumaiti said that she had just finished visiting a friend in Khalifa Hospital in Ras Al Khaimah when she spotted two trucks in flames and a man lying on the ground, with his clothes on fire during the September 19 incident.

"He was lying down. He was on fire... I took out my friend's abaya and left the car. I went to cover the guy because there was no cloth on him. He was looking at me and he said, 'I'm dying. I'm afraid to die," she said, adding that she tried to talk to him and calm him down. She said that she left the area when the police arrived.

Al Kumaiti has been hailed a heroine after the Indian truck driver, Harkirit Singh, told the police about the incident following a two-vehicle smash-up that triggered the truck fire on Martyrs Road in the emirate north of Dubai.

Major Tareq Al Sharhan, Head of Emergency Department at Ras Al Khaimah Police, said police want to honour the "abaya woman" for her bravery.
An abaya, or "cloak", is a simple, loose robe-like over-garment worn by women in parts of the Muslim world, including in the Arabian Peninsula and North Africa.

The abaya, usually black in colour, covers the whole body except the head, feet, and hands.

"The incident occurred last week on Martyrs Road in Ras Al Khaimah when two trucks were involved in an accident and one truck caught fire,” said Major Al Sharhan.

Maj. Al Sharhan posted on his Instagram account a video on the accident asking his followers to help them track the woman.

He said: ”A few days ago, an unidentified woman had done a heroic job during this accident and she left the scene quietly.”

An Emirati man who was at the scene and reported the incident to Ras Al Khaimah Police operation room told officers about the woman's heroic act, Maj. Al Sharhan said.

It was reported that the smash-up triggered the inferno that quickly went inside the truck's cabin and the driver's clothes caught on fire. He jumped from the truck, while trying to put out the flames from his clothes.

When the woman saw the troubled truck driver, she stopped her car on the roadside, took an abaya and covered the man's body with it.
She made sure the fire was put out before leaving the scene.

In hospital, the Asian driver told police that the woman covered his body using an abaya to put out the flames. The driver was taken to the hospital to treat his burns.

It was not immediately clear what caused the smash-up between the two trucks.

What's your rating?
{{ratingsCount}} Votes

Related forums
How A 30-Year-Old Man Allegedly Stole N1.2m From Dead Man’s Bank Account In Ibadan
Forum | 7 hours ago

How A 30-Year-Old Man Allegedly Stole N1.2m From Dead Man’s Bank Account In Ibadan

Vehicle Falls Off Tow Truck And Crushes Woman To Death In Anambra
Forum | 7 hours ago

Vehicle Falls Off Tow Truck And Crushes Woman To Death In Anambra

Man Bags Nine Months For Assaulting Lagos Govt Official Who Arrested Him for Failing to Use a Pedestrian Bridge
Forum | 7 hours ago

Man Bags Nine Months For Assaulting Lagos Govt Official Who Arrested Him for Failing to Use a Pedestrian Bridge

NSCDC Arrests 19-year-old Man For R*ping Nine-year-old Girl In Kwara
Forum | 11 hours ago

NSCDC Arrests 19-year-old Man For R*ping Nine-year-old Girl In Kwara