"Nigerians Don't Have Right To Access Internet On Election Day" - Aye Dee

Forum 5 years ago

"Nigerians Don't Have Right To Access Internet On Election Day" - Aye Dee

Controversial security expert, Mr Aye Dee has said Nigerians don't have the right to access internet on election day as so it should be shut down.

In his defence, Aye Dee argued that the internet encourages the spread of fake news, which is very much likely to ignite crisis across the country during and after the election.

He wrote:

Access to the internet in Nigeria is NOT a right, if @inecnigeria believes internet access during the election needs to be restricted in order to prevent the spread of #FakeNews, specifically fake election results, it would be the right thing to do for Nigeria's sake.

The internet in should be shut down by 11:59PM on Friday, Feb. 15th, 2019 and restored by 11:59pm on Saturday, February 16th, 2019. If this is not done, there will be chaos as fake results are bound to be brandished by both @OfficialAPCNg and @OfficialPDPNig, causing chaos.

In this crucial election, Nigerian cannot afford to have the electorate manipualted by rumors and propaganda emanating from both major parties. Therefore, it makes sense to ensure the sanctity of the electoral proccess by restricting access to the internet.

Bangladesh with a population of 160 million + shut down its internet before its elections, heaven did not fall, the poll was orderly , free and fair. Nigeria deserves same.

I did not say internet should be restricted for just PDP supporters or just for APC supporters, I said it should be restricted for ALL Nigerians.

What's your rating?
{{ratingsCount}} Votes

Related forums
Deeone Slams Phyna For Neglecting Her Father, Offers Him N500K
Forum | 3 days ago

Deeone Slams Phyna For Neglecting Her Father, Offers Him N500K

Electricity Tariff Hike: I’m Sorry – Power Minister, Adelabu Apologises to Nigerians Over AC, Freezer Comment
Forum | 6 days ago

Electricity Tariff Hike: I’m Sorry – Power Minister, Adelabu Apologises to Nigerians Over AC, Freezer Comment

It Is Too Early to Threaten Nigerians With 2027 Election – Kaduna Cleric to Northern Elders
Forum | 6 days ago

It Is Too Early to Threaten Nigerians With 2027 Election – Kaduna Cleric to Northern Elders

Joker Who Has Never Won An Election – Jimoh Ibrahim Slams Ondo Governor
Forum | 6 days ago

Joker Who Has Never Won An Election – Jimoh Ibrahim Slams Ondo Governor