Obama First Created The List Of Seven Targeted Countries - Trump Defends His Executive Order

Forum 7 years ago

Obama First Created The List Of Seven Targeted Countries - Trump Defends His Executive Order

White House official Reince Priebus said on NBC's 'Meet the Press' that one of the Democrats' main points of contention – a fear that the executive order made lawful permanent residents, those holding 'green cards,' eligible for the same special screening as first-time visitors.

He said:
'The executive order doesn't affect green card holders moving forward,' Priebus said.

'If they have a person that's traveling back and forth to Libya or Somalia or Yemen, I would suspect within their discretion, they might ask a few more questions at JFK or some other airport when someone's coming back and forth within their discretionary authority as a customs and border patrol agent,' he said.XX 'And what I'm saying is I would suspect that most Americans would agree that that might be a good thing to do.'Secretary of Homeland Security John Kelly declared the entry of lawful permanent residents, also known as green card holders, to be of national interest on Sunday evening. He said:

'In applying the provisions of the president's executive order, I hereby deem the entry of lawful permanent residents to be in the national interest,' he said in a statement.

'Accordingly, absent the receipt of significant derogatory information indicating a serious threat to public safety and welfare, lawful permanent resident status will be a dispositive factor in our case-by-case determinations.'Even after Kelly’s statement there were still unanswered questions about what the government intended to do about refugees who had received permission to come to the United States before Trump signed his order Friday afternoon.

Two court rulings questioned whether Trump could reject by executive action valid immigration
documents issued by the government itself.
Airports remained the frontline in the battle. Crowds gathered at airports in Miami, Dallas, Cleveland, Charlotte, N.C., New York, Washington, San Francisco and Chicago. Exasperation grew on all sides, and some immigration officials threw up their hands.

“They finally stopped talking to us altogether and told us to call President Trump,” said Becca Heller, director of the International Refugee Assistance Project.

White House official Reince Priebus said on NBC's 'Meet the Press' that one of the Democrats' main points of contention – a fear that the executive order made lawful permanent residents, those holding 'green cards,' eligible for the same special screening as first-time visitors.

He said:
'The executive order doesn't affect green card holders moving forward,' Priebus said.

'If they have a person that's traveling back and forth to Libya or Somalia or Yemen, I would suspect within their discretion, they might ask a few more questions at JFK or some other airport when someone's coming back and forth within their discretionary authority as a customs and border patrol agent,' he said.XX 'And what I'm saying is I would suspect that most Americans would agree that that might be a good thing to do.'Secretary of Homeland Security John Kelly declared the entry of lawful permanent residents, also known as green card holders, to be of national interest on Sunday evening. He said:

'In applying the provisions of the president's executive order, I hereby deem the entry of lawful permanent residents to be in the national interest,' he said in a statement.

'Accordingly, absent the receipt of significant derogatory information indicating a serious threat to public safety and welfare, lawful permanent resident status will be a dispositive factor in our case-by-case determinations.'Even after Kelly’s statement there were still unanswered questions about what the government intended to do about refugees who had received permission to come to the United States before Trump signed his order Friday afternoon.

Two court rulings questioned whether Trump could reject by executive action valid immigration documents issued by the government itself.
Airports remained the frontline in the battle. Crowds gathered at airports in Miami, Dallas, Cleveland, Charlotte, N.C., New York, Washington, San Francisco and Chicago. Exasperation grew on all sides, and some immigration officials threw up their hands.

“They finally stopped talking to us altogether and told us to call President Trump,” said Becca Heller, director of the International Refugee Assistance Project.

What's your rating?
{{ratingsCount}} Votes

Related forums
Jnr Pope: What Exactly Is Her Crime? She Was Only A Victim Of Circumstance - Uche Ogbodo Defends Movie Producer, Adanma Luke
Forum | 2 days ago

Jnr Pope: What Exactly Is Her Crime? She Was Only A Victim Of Circumstance - Uche Ogbodo Defends Movie Producer, Adanma Luke

How Seven People Drown In Just One Week — Lagos Police Reveals
Forum | 4 days ago

How Seven People Drown In Just One Week — Lagos Police Reveals

I Wouldn’t Be Where I’m Without You - Tobi Makinde Defends Funke Akindele
Forum | 6 days ago

I Wouldn’t Be Where I’m Without You - Tobi Makinde Defends Funke Akindele

Stop Twerking In Lagos And Abuja Nightclubs, It Is An Executive Show Of Shame – APC Lambasts Governor Adeleke
Forum | 1 week ago

Stop Twerking In Lagos And Abuja Nightclubs, It Is An Executive Show Of Shame – APC Lambasts Governor Adeleke