One Killed, Fear and Panic Grips Residents as Strange Ailment Hits Bujawa Town in Katsina

Forum 6 years ago

One Killed, Fear and Panic Grips Residents as Strange Ailment Hits Bujawa Town in Katsina

The Director of Primary Healthcare of Bujawa town in Mani LGA of Katsina state, has confirmed that a strange illness has hit a town in the state, sending residents in fear.

A strange ailment suspected to be 'brule ulcers' has hit Bujawa town in Mani local government of Katsina state were about 14 persons are affected while one has died.

DailyTrust reports that fear has gripped the town and its neighbouring communities over the outbreak of the disease.

Confirming the outbreak, the Director of Primary Healthcare of the LGA, Abdurahman Auwal Bindawa, said this is an unknown thing to us but we suspect it to be brule ulcers.

“All I can say for now is that it is one of the national tropical disease; there is no lab test so we cannot confirmed it,” he said.

According to him, the matter has been reported to state and other development partners noting that “this is the first of its kind in this local government.”

“Currently we are expecting a team of experts to come and do proper analysis and diagnosis to know how infectious it is.

“One person started it before it spread to 14 others and one has died,” he added.

He further said: “The disease is taking different dimensions on different people; for some, it affects their legs, thigh, back or hands and for women on their breasts like a cancer.

“It presents itself differently to different sexes, we need to have full details.”

What's your rating?
{{ratingsCount}} Votes

Related forums
Commotion As Customs Officer Gets Lynched In Katsina For Shooting Passenger
Forum | 2 hours ago

Commotion As Customs Officer Gets Lynched In Katsina For Shooting Passenger

UCL: You killed the game – Gundogan blames Barcelona teammate for PSG defeat
Forum | 1 day ago

UCL: You killed the game – Gundogan blames Barcelona teammate for PSG defeat

Autopsy Begins On Remains Of Hotel Manager Allegedly Killed By Soldiers In Umuahia
Forum | 2 days ago

Autopsy Begins On Remains Of Hotel Manager Allegedly Killed By Soldiers In Umuahia

How My Son Was Killed By Vigilante Group – Bauchi District Head Reveals
Forum | 2 days ago

How My Son Was Killed By Vigilante Group – Bauchi District Head Reveals