One Month Old Baby Abandoned Inside Indomie Carton In Lagos

Forum 8 years ago

One Month Old Baby Abandoned Inside Indomie Carton In Lagos

The police at FESTAC Town police station and a leader of the Oodua People’s Congress (OPC) have rescued a-month-old baby, who was abandoned in an Indomie carton.

The baby was sighted by the OPC leader in Amuwo Odofin, simply identified as Suleiman Badmus, who rescued the baby and handed her over to the police.

The baby is now being cared for by a woman police sergeant, Pamela Nwabinye, who has since the discovery been playing the role of mother to the baby.

Lagos Metro gathered that the baby, who was wearing a light blue overall, was wrapped in a white shawl and carefully placed in the carton.

Olabisi, a younger sister to the OPC leader, who rescued the baby, said “The baby was found close to where I sell herbs at Amuwo-Odofin. One of the OPC members heard the baby’s cries and called my brother, Badmus. The baby was inside a carton.

“When I saw her, I was shocked. I felt whoever abandoned her must be crazy. Mosquitoes had bitten her face. Why would any woman abandon her baby after she had carried the pregnancy for nine months?,” she added.

Sergeant Nwabinye was said to have bought new sets of clothes, flask, feeding bottle for the baby.

A police source at FESTAC police station said: “That’s how Pamela behaves with every baby rescued and brought to the station. She goes all out to mother the baby. Pamela spends her money a lot on abandoned kids. She likes kids a lot.

What's your rating?
{{ratingsCount}} Votes

Related forums
Clean Air: The Old Guard 2 Director to Helm NASCAR Rom-Com Movie Produced by Will Smith
Forum | 1 day ago

Clean Air: The Old Guard 2 Director to Helm NASCAR Rom-Com Movie Produced by Will Smith

Family Kicks, Accuses Lagos Hospital Of Negligence, Incompetence As Mother, Son Die During Childbirth
Forum | 1 day ago

Family Kicks, Accuses Lagos Hospital Of Negligence, Incompetence As Mother, Son Die During Childbirth

How Akwa Ibom Man Abandoned His Wife And 2-Year-Old Daughter In The Village To Live With His Side Chick In The Town
Forum | 1 day ago

How Akwa Ibom Man Abandoned His Wife And 2-Year-Old Daughter In The Village To Live With His Side Chick In The Town

Cement-Laden Truck, Commercial Bus Collide On Lagos Bridge
Forum | 1 day ago

Cement-Laden Truck, Commercial Bus Collide On Lagos Bridge