President Buhari Sacks NNPC Subsidiary Heads

Forum 8 years ago

President Buhari Sacks NNPC Subsidiary Heads

President Muhammadu Buhari has fired nine of the 16 Managing Directors of the Strategic Business Units (SBUs) of the Nigerian National Petroleum Corporation (NNPC).

Those affected include Haruna Momoh who was the Managing Director of the Pipelines and Products Marketing Company (PPMC), Anthony U. Muoneke, Nigerian Petroleum Development Company (NPDC) and Group General Manager, of the National Petroleum Investment Management Services (NAPIMS) Engr. Jonathan Kwame Okehs, among other MDs.

A statement from NNPC spokesman Ohi Alegbe on Tuesday said the president approved the appointment of Mrs. Esther Nnamdi Ogbue as the new Managing Director of PPMC while Mr. Abubakar Mai-Bornu is to serve as the Managing Director of NPDC. Mr. Babatunde Bakare is now the MD Nigerian Gas Company (NGC).

Other appointments approved by the president include: Engr. Chinedu Ezeribe MD Warri Refinning & Petrochemicals Company (WRPC); Mr. Inuwa Ibrahim Waya, MD, Hydrocarbon Services Company Nigeria Ltd (HYSON) and Mr. Ladipo Fagbola will now head the NNPC Retail.

Also appointed are: Mr. Rowland Ewubare, Managing Director, Integrated Data Services Ltd (IDSL); Mr. Modupe Bammeke, Managing Director, NNPC Properties; and Mr. Abdulkadir Saidu, Managing Director, Duke Oil.

However, Mr. Sejebor Dafe Stephen was redeployed from the Nigerian Gas Company, to serve as the Group General Manager, NAPIMS.

Chidi Momah is to serve as the new Group General Manager, Company Secretary & Legal Adviser of the NNPC.

Alegbe also confirmed the appointment by the president of four new Group Executive Directors (GEDs) of the Corporation following the retirement last week of eight GEDs and subsequent trimming of the post from eight.

The GED appointments which were approved by President Muhammadu Buhari, include Dr. Maikanti Baru, Group Executive Director, Exploration & Production; Mr. Isiaka Abdulrazaq, Group Executive Director, Finance & Services; Engr. Dennis Nnamdi Ajulu, Group Executive Director, Refining & Technology; and Dr. Babatunde Victor Adeniran, Group Executive Director, Commercial & Investment.
[ads4]

What's your rating?
{{ratingsCount}} Votes

Related forums
Probe Wike, Other Former Governors Under Buhari For Corruption - Timi Frank Urges EFCC
Forum | 10 hours ago

Probe Wike, Other Former Governors Under Buhari For Corruption - Timi Frank Urges EFCC

President Tinubu Attends African Counter-Terrorism Summit In Abuja
Forum | 1 day ago

President Tinubu Attends African Counter-Terrorism Summit In Abuja

What President Tinubu Told Me About My Removal As APC Chairman – Ganduje (Video)
Forum | 1 week ago

What President Tinubu Told Me About My Removal As APC Chairman – Ganduje (Video)

Buhari’s Ex-aide Reacts As APC Suspends Ganduje
Forum | 1 week ago

Buhari’s Ex-aide Reacts As APC Suspends Ganduje